NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought some Tsunami taillights from Keegan back in september 2015:

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=379785&highlight=

They arrived 25th of September 2015. Package was poor and tails were damaged. (tails were wrapped in one layer of a tin towel and packed in a thin cardboard box (the one you buy paper for your copying machine in)). Keegan offered me a refund or a discount, because I don't like damaged parts on my car, I shipped them back. I've paid for the shipping from the Netherlands back to the USA.

Keegan received the tails back on the 5th of October 2015. However due to personal issues he was not able to refund me the full amount, so we agreed to wait and he would send me small refunds at a time. Furthermore we tried to claim the damage with USPS. However they declined as Keegan did not make any pictures of the tails in packaging (then again they probably declined it too if they saw the packaging).

Because Keegan ended up with some broken tails (which still sold in the end) and I lost on shipping back and paying tax for the items I suggested to split the loss, meaning he should only refund a lower amount. This seemed to be more than fair from my point of view.

In the meantime 6 months! have passed. I had to constantly chase Keegan around to give me any info at all. In this time he only refunded 30 usd, which only happens after I post something on his wall and/or ask him dozen of times (we have contact using Facebook), well had, because he is now giving me the "johny123456" threatment, blocking me from his Facebook and not replying me at all. Just to give you an idea on how the communication over the last month went:

23 Feb: On my B-day he congratulated me and said he would give me a partial refund the next week, nothing was received
29 Feb: He was going to give me some refund on the 3rd of March after payday, nothing was received
14 March: After asking for an update, Keegan stated he would send me some on the 17th of March after payday, a nice amount cause he got a bonus
17 March: nothing was received
18 March: After asking for info, he stated that he could send something right away, nothing was received:
19 March: After asking for info, no reply
20 March: After posting on his wall that he should reply to my messages, I got removed from his friends list

By the rate this has been going I'll get my full refund in 10 years, after a lot of frustration. However I doubt if I see any money again.

Paypal won't help me as I've send the money as a gift, yes I know, stupid me ...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not much can be done unless Pave decided to do the right thing with you. Is he obligated to? By PayPal standards, he's not since the gift option was chosen. It seemed like an isolated incident, but now another case. I really feel for ya man. It must suck having to chase someone for a refund. Please update this thread if you receive any word from him.

If you are still looking for Tsunami tails, I have a pair. Just shoot me a PM.

Good luck with this situation nonetheless!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1,5 months later, nothing happened, only empty promises and a lot of ignoring for the last couple of weeks. Can't believe this really... Never had somebody make so many promises that did not happen, wow ...

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
1,5 months later, nothing happened, only empty promises and a lot of ignoring for the last couple of weeks. Can't believe this really... Never had somebody make so many promises that did not happen, wow ...
Even though you share part responsibility in this matter by sending your payment as a gift, this additional unresolved situation with Pave High is now permanently sealing his username and real name up on the shady sellers list.

No excuse for his scammy behavior now.

Anyone active on the Facebook page, feel free to link this up to avoid anyone else from getting scammed over there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The main reason for posting this was to warn others, I've lost hope in getting my money back months ago. I've also posted this on the Facebook page (which Keegan is not a member of any more, he seems to have abandoned ship).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts