NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i know like 20 of u pm;'d me bout the filter. i was wondring how its going with it? any probs with anybody? i am planning on wrting a review for a performance magazine in my area bout the filter. wat are opinions and have u cleaned the filter in anyway? and do u feel a differece in power or not? and how is the filter generlly speaking. thanks so much i apprecaite ur help. peace. jonathan.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm interested in knowing what you all think too...I ordered one for my CAI last week...so I should have it soon!

Interested in what your impressions are so far...

Usman

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome man. i know theres alot of people on here with em, they got em after my 3 part review of the filter. most of em arent on much and are newbies. so i would really like to see wat people have thought over time. mine has wokred great. no probs at all. all opinions are greatly apprecaited. peace.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I've been trying to find someplace that sells this filter, but with no luck.
jonathan, where did you get yours?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey man go to either autoall.com and buy the first one lsited which is like 75, or u can go to the site above, e3racing. either one are great! good luck! peace

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a question for everyone.
I have a Matrix with an AEM intake. Will this Apexi filter fit? Do I need an adapter for it?
I know the XRS and GTS have the same engine so I am hoping the tube for the AEM is the same diameter as the GTS AEM Intake and can fit one just the same as a Celi.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ic ic ic.....howa bout with it being DRy and not oilly? any probs with the MAFS? have u cleaned it? and how do u like the sound? any different? thanks for ur responce laz_10 i appreciate it .

·
Registered
292 Posts
is this really worth spending $75?
celica001 what's your take?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I would just get the Blitz SUS air cleaner it doesnt need oiling either, and its a lot better so the oil doesnt eventually seep into your cylinders according to Blitz

·
Registered
514 Posts
yes but according to tests the SUS is not filtering very well

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea iheard hte SUS doesnt filter well at all... the apexi filters alot better, the SUS has extremly bad filtering qualities...i felt the apexi was a great buy for just a filter, no mroe clogged MAFS. peace jon

·
Registered
292 Posts
t2000gts said:
does apex'i filter give more power than a normal K&N-style filter?
yes according to the mag test 1hp more and supposed to filter cleaner. But I'm debating whether 1 hp is worth $85 or not.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
true ture true, but i went more for FILTERING QUALITY and NO MORE MAFS being clogged by oil and ****, it has NTOHING To do with performance, mostly with filtering and no oillin residue. peace. jon

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've had the apex filter for about 6 months now and I think that its a great filter. I had to find a piece to make the filter fit to my RM intake. I used the a portion of the stock intake tube form my old 98 civic EX. The end that goes into the intake box fit perfectly into the apex filter. I just had to carve the inside of the tube o to fit the RM intake tube. The one thing that I did notice is that the filter is not as loud when you get on it, compared to the K&N.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Oh and as far as power goes the K&N felt like it offered more mid range power. Hope that I've been helpfull.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts