Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might want to google this quite new TRD part # : PTR09-21080

I'll report soon on mine...stay tuned! :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
but are the calipers red or silver like in the instruction manual? it should be red i think the pics are just for reference but not sure..

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received my kit. The calipers a red, very red! And they are the same Stoptech calipers as used in the old (read original) TRD Celica BBK, but with one major twist: they bolt on just like stock calipers, no brackets needed. The other change to this kit, and the one that is reducing it's cost significantly is that it uses a one piece drilled rotor instead of a 2 piece slotted one with an aluminium hat. This will of course add a bit of weight, but at a great saving $$$. They also are about 12mm (1/2 inch) bigger than the original kit, at a whopping 340mm vs 328mm for the 2 piece rotor. Member "Many" and I will be installing those shortly. I will repost back then, along with my Bilstein PSS coilovers review. Stay tuned kids!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how is the caliper able to reach without the adapter? or does it just have the adapter built in? pics of this?
TRD had the caliper and bracket made as one single part, just like the OEM calipers. As such it will simply bolt on directly with no adapter (or bracket if you prefer) needed. You can see pics in the instructions link posted above.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
yes the trd bbk does not need adapter or extra bracket..its basically an oem replacement for your wheel..i remember when i still had my trd bbk the installation was real ez.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
^^ no they will not in any way.

only a few members(really only 1 Jinsoku's red trial in cali) have actually had a rear bbk fabbed up and its no small project. I am going to prob talk to rotora in the fall and see if we can work out something to have one of their subi rear kits fabbed up for me but as of now they dont have anything

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
What is the point of having a BBK in the rear? Rear brakes do such minimal work.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Soooo it holds no purpose other than to look racy.... Didn't know i was in the appearance section.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts