NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yeah, and they are bigger calipers.
Again, they are the exact same, Stoptech-made ST-40 calipers as the original Celica kit. Except they are now purpose-built for the TC (which use the same brake system as the Celica) meaning they do not need adapters, they bolt directly like an OEM part. The rotors however are different. They are now a one piece part, and are cross-drilled, and also half an inch larger than the ones on the original Celica kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Again, they are the exact same, Stoptech-made ST-40 calipers as the original Celica kit. Except they are now purpose-built for the TC (which use the same brake system as the Celica) meaning they do not need adapters, they bolt directly like an OEM part. The rotors however are different. They are now a one piece part, and are cross-drilled, and also half an inch larger than the ones on the original Celica kit.
If you look carefully, trdusa.com states the tC 340mm kit is using FMSI D408 pad and ST-40s are using D409. Google the drawings of these two pads, you will have the answer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
If you look carefully, trdusa.com states the tC 340mm kit is using FMSI D408 pad and ST-40s are using D409. Google the drawings of these two pads, you will have the answer.

I never said they use the same pads, only that they were the exact same caliper size physically on the outside. And they are made by Stoptech to TRD spec. Anyway, I am just providing infos on what I bought for some other members who could be interested in other options. Feel free to buy whichever kit you prefer.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i don't know the weight of the TC TRD kit but i do remember that the Celica TRD BBK was lighter than stock, so the TC kit is probably more closer to stock weight, probably slightly heavier.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i don't know the weight of the TC TRD kit but i do remember that the Celica TRD BBK was lighter than stock, so the TC kit is probably more closer to stock weight, probably slightly heavier.
A visual comparison on the calipers on both kits are different. The one on the celi kit is by Stoptech which looks like it has bigger pistons uses bigger pads.

Nevertheless the TC one is good value of money if it sells around $700 brand new.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Stoptech makes TRD BBK

61 - 77 of 77 Posts