NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the aspect of an appearance mod, does anyone sport a CF splitter for the sake of preventing to scrape their front bumper?

I'm not even dropped low (hotchkis springs) but I already scraped my newly painted TRD front on my own driveway. It's hard to avoid it due to the steepness of the driveway as well as the width (I can't go up on an extreme angle)

I'm not sure if I should invest in one or just try to fabricate one with a large sheet of aluminum. Has anyone else tried this? Really bugs me having to go up and down my driveway and to have something ruined already.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
no dont get it to prevent scratching on your front bumper.
how the hellll do you scrape a trd front bumper that thing is wayy high. do you go straight on for bumps? you need to learn how to take things at angles theres ALWAYS ways.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
X-EVIL-X said:
no dont get it to prevent scratching on your front bumper.
how the hellll do you scrape a trd front bumper that thing is wayy high. do you go straight on for bumps? you need to learn how to take things at angles theres ALWAYS ways.
I do take things at an angle but I'm specifly talking about my drive way. It's really steep and it's too narrow of a driveway to go at an extreme angle to enter. You should see how badly damaged the stock lip on the stock front was just with this mild hotchkis drop. I would love to go lower, seriously dumped but it's not practical out here. I don't take into consideration of appearance over practicality.

For instance, with your car, I wouldn't even be able to enter my own driveway without damaging the front. The angle I enter still has me scraping despite the TRD bumper being high.

My driveway entrace is far from wide do the the fence and other crap. There's no other way to get in. I'm not about to leave my car on the street either since there's always idiots hanging around here.

Just wondering if anyone had this type of problem and had made some sort of protection shield for the bottom with aluminum or any other metal.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hawaiianboy said:
Just move house :chuckles: lol j/k
That would suck to be in the position you are in as for the driveway thing..
If only it was that easy. :)

Blue Bomber said:
You'd be better off with making a urethane splitter. It can flex so it won't crack like CF, or dent like aluminum.
That's just too much of a hassle even if I had the supplies/equipment and know how. That's on the track of mass production already.

With aluminum, I don't really car about it getting dented since it'll do its job. I just need to find a large ass sheet and someone with the equipment to cut it for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
bump

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
TRD-CELICA-GT02 said:
Blue Bomber said:
You'd be better off with making a urethane splitter. It can flex so it won't crack like CF, or dent like aluminum.
That's just too much of a hassle even if I had the supplies/equipment and know how. That's on the track of mass production already.
You can just get a flat piece of urethane or ABS and cut it to shape. Same as making a DIY CF or aluminum one, but easier. You only need a power saw to cut it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
you think your driveway is steap??? look at mine, its like driving up a mountain side. but it is nice when hurricane waters cant reach my house. angles are your friend, plus my kit is lower than yours

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SilvrGTS said:
you think your driveway is steap??? look at mine, its like driving up a mountain side. but it is nice when hurricane waters cant reach my house. angles are your friend, plus my kit is lower than yours

See atleast you have a lot of room to go at an angle. Shoot from what I see, you can even come at an angle and go from your neighbor's entrance way, over the grass onto your driveway. I don't have that much room since there's a big metal/gate on each side and the little entrance lip area is so narrow. Pretty much leaves me to go either straight or try to get as much angle prior to going up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts