NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
freshspecblueGT said:
I hope that your definition of performance is not purely acceleration and you included the clarification on the basis that the chasis and suspension should be similar. That said the only magazine that I know which tested both the GT and GT-s is EVO from the UK where the base celica (US GT) did 0-60 in 8.7 sec. and the 190 Tsport did a 7.3 sec. I beleive that they tested an '02 model of the 190 so I don't know if they had any limiter issues as I haven't read any of the articles. They like the Celica and name it as one of their top three picks for small coupes. I encourage everyone to check out EVO its a great mag (not just because they like the Celica)
Well, he does say "ie" and then says acceleration, so obviously, he is talking about all aspects. Chassis and suspension are the same, the tires that the GT-S comes with are nicer, and the GT-S has better brakes in the rear (discs as opposed to drums). Other than that, they're pretty much the same aside from the engine and tranny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.