NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I'm a huge 2ZZ guy, and done a fair amount of research, but I had some questions regarding ECU piggybacks and standalones for our cars. I have a 2000 Celica GTS (2nd 7th Gen I've owned) and I'm in the market for a decent standalone / piggyback setup, but also not break the bank. $1000 is about my limit, but I would love to spent less in order to put some of that towards other mods. What do you guys run? AEM F/IC? Apexi? EMS4? Which ones can control lift engagement? And does anyone have one they're selling used for cheap(er?)

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTi
4 Posts
Is it boosted your 2zz or N/A? If I'm not wrong Aem F/IC stands for fuel/ignition control, so definitely won't to the job for controlling the Lift.
I recommend you the Aem Ems-4 and Apexi Power FC to control the lift engagement, but the Ems-4 is a better choice with more tuning capability. You can also keep our stock Ecu in place with the Ems-4 to control less important things, like power steering, a/c etc.
Another thing to consider is if you are boosted or planning to do that, and you think to use E85, none of the above are working with Flex-fuel, so if you want that option you need to look to other options.
Other options like Haltech 750, MS3 Pro, Emanage etc might be too expensive for 1000$ budget, unless you find a good deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts