NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this function on on.

Has anyone bad experience with this function on off?

The reason i am thinking of switching this off is that i experience some hassitations when i give a little gas after a throttle close. The injection comes in fine, but the ignition goes to 0 for a while before it goes to the value in the ign map.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
What are you using for an intake?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ITS a k&n mounted on a gt28rs.
Well the airflow look normal too in the loggings of fc-edit. I cant see anything strange exeptc that the timing isnt following the values in the ING map

·
Registered
980 Posts
The purpose of the idle ignition control is to try and keep a steady rpm idle by opening and closing the ignition coil ground circuit. Unless what you have on your tuned map (in the idle cells) is not close to a smooth idle, it will not follow it.

I have it ON for my settings for years now but it took some tweaking in the cells to get it to cooperate. Also, more than half the time the PFC does its own thing at idle for other values.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Try adjusting the point at which your injectors turn back on from decel fuel cut. On most cars it should be no more than 300 rpm and no less than 50 rpm from your target idle rpm.

The pfc uses that value for when to start idle control. Trying to cross over that point at less than a certain throttle percentage causes the pfc to think the idle has gone way above its target and reduces ign timing to zero to try to bring the idle back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, yes i noticed that the PFC likes a timing adv of 20 at idle and indeed advanced it even more when the rpms drops to mantain target idle.
OEM timing at idle is 10-12 degree ( on my Lancer (4g63) even 9 at idle).

I did not know how long idle control work, so Jason (Illusive) thanks.

i searched my last log and indeed i find that it acts at 1100 rpm that way.
But sometimes at 1600 rpm to. Well here is a log:
http://imageshack.com/a/img198/9092/81jw.jpg

Idle settings

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/689x484q90/42/3mdt.jpg

well tomorow i wil try it with ign control on off.. lets see.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Try setting FC E/L to 950
Try setting FC A.E to 900
Try lowering Idle a/c to 1000 and setting FC A/C to 1100

Dont forget to re-do the idle learn procedure after adjusting these values.

Also a stock 1zz-fe fully warm runs 14-15 deg ignition timing at idle.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oke, i will do that.

Today i switch off ign cntl ... didn't help, so i will try your suggestion. will be next week.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I.ve had this same problem when I ran 3inch intake. 0 degree timing under 2k rpms. Couldn't figure it out but its prob a maf sensor issue

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i used Jason his numbers and did a relearn. Idle is defenitly better (it was not bad but stil..), but the timing issue is stil there. Under 1600 RPM it is still retaring the timing to 0 after a throttle close.

Other thing.. after the initialise power FC there was the default map loaded. A saw that the timing is vey advanged (more than 40 at low load en mid rpm). Is that realy a drivebale and safe map (no boost). What if have seen from mine OEM ECU that is max 40 degree of advanced timing and indeed 15 degrees at idle (warm). Cold idle is 8 degree

1 - 12 of 12 Posts