NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my plan. I will be running a tpr intake, exhaust, and header. I also will be using the mwr valves and valve springs. My question is with a tuned pfc I want to have it red line to 9,000 rpm, the most are tach says, but i also want to carry power threw the whole rpm range. IS the pfc capable of allowing this. Can I make power all the way through? Will lift be able to go all the way threw? Thanks

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Lift should work all the way through you just need to worry about breaking stuff at that point. I think u might be interested in an aftermarket oil pump. Lots of people who have misshifted often blow the stock one.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
SpeeedCelicaGTS said:
So here is my plan. I will be running a tpr intake, exhaust, and header. I also will be using the mwr valves and valve springs. My question is with a tuned pfc I want to have it red line to 9,000 rpm, the most are tach says, but i also want to carry power threw the whole rpm range. IS the pfc capable of allowing this. Can I make power all the way through? Will lift be able to go all the way threw? Thanks
you wont be making power to 9K rpms with just i/h/e.

your peak max will be about 8200 rpms with tuning, after that it will start to fall off, and by 8600 rpms you will be making the same amount of power at about 6600 rpms.

if your concearned about staying in lift for autox or road racing set it to 8800. but only use it for coner exits or saving an upshift/down****. theres really no point to go to 9K yet... and yes i said yet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think with I/H/E and port n polish the head with the valves and valve springs then I'd think you can make some decent power that way with the PFC. Your gonna have a hard time making a lot of power up to 9k without cams.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
the controlled inertia tested what illusive just told you... They tested revving higher and can not make power. So in Illusive case he can say "he knows" not I think

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Exactly what Illusive said...the N/A morot cant make any more power after that because it cant breath any more....HOWEVER.....in the FI world...I made power all the way to 8600...check the sig :)

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
OIL PUMP.

nuff said. if you plan to rev that high it would be a WISE decision to upgrade it so you wont have to worry about it turning into a grenade. most often for people who over rev thats the first thing to go.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
00silverGTS6spd said:
OIL PUMP.

nuff said. if you plan to rev that high it would be a WISE decision to upgrade it so you wont have to worry about it turning into a grenade. most often for people who over rev thats the first thing to go.
and of course an upgraded valve train, to avoid floating a valve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts