NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Bump!

I'm gonna work on some bokeh stencils.

Anyone want some festive Christmas stencils?
I've got a 50mm prime lens that I'll be making stencils for.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I figure this is the right place to post this so here goes... When you guys/gals shoot at night what kind of lighting setup/flashes are you useing? And for the second part how do i take a silhouette photo :(

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
what do you plan on shooting at night? if its architecture stuff i just lower the aperture and slow down the shutter speed and keep the iso as low as possible. silhouette pictures the subject must be backlit

·
Registered
382 Posts
At night the only thing I have trouble with are cars :\ most of the other stuff i can do at leaqst so far I can, I guess i just have trouble finding a spot for back lighting

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
At night the only thing I have trouble with are cars :\ most of the other stuff i can do at leaqst so far I can, I guess i just have trouble finding a spot for back lighting
cars? that's a different story :chuckles: you have to have at least 2 speedlites to get a decent picture.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well no speedlights now... maybe one day ill rent them for a shoot after i get the huge bump out of my car. On another note... in about a month and a half I'm going to a big car meet/trackday/carshow/drifting thing haha and I was curious what 2 lenses would be the best to use?

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
don't rent out a speedlite :ugh: for a car meet just take whatever lenses you have that are wide angle!! i like using my prime lens sometimes because it gives some pretty sharp pictures

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
from what i've read most people choose a telephoto lens for portraits. they choose a lens that's has a focal length of 85mm or more w/ a large aperture. for landscape most people would go w/ an uwa lens :shrugs:

21 - 40 of 61 Posts