NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still needs to be polished and cleaned up. The turbo and nitrous are not done either. Should be this week.
Then I hope my chrome engine cover will still fit. I didn't leave it with the shop so they can't even check for me.

What do you guys think? How do you like the manifold and do you think a stock engine cover will fit with this manifold?

http://importunion.net/general/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=9898

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Have you dyno'd it?

· Premium Member
10,299 Posts
Wow, that's one badass intake mani. I'm very interested to see how it compares to the stock piece. Are flow bench comparisons possible? Looks like you're relocating the coolant resevoir... is it going where the battery usually is? Anyway, you've got a pretty good looking piece there!

edit: ohhh... just noticed the direct port n2o setup.... that and f/i and you're gonna have more power than you'll know what to do with!

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Wow first time I have seen that kind of intake / manifold. I'm surprised that the intake taper does not reach over to the last inlet as you would ideally require a equal share to each port. Else the ones at the front will suck in more air that the rest if that makes any sense.

· Registered
2,816 Posts
Ahh hell, i didn't even notice the bungs for the nitrous...

You need to get in contact with someone and get these mass produced! well pending everything turns out well with them. I would buy one, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

· Registered
2,801 Posts
thats what i was thinking but is it cost-effective to have that done?

I was going to ask my local shop to build me a custom intake manifold kinda like that one but i want a smother plenum design. the one above looks kind of abrupt.

· Registered
5,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thanks everybody. I'm glad to hear you like it. I wish I knew the answers to all your questions. I will find out though.

GTSDOHCVVTLi,
No dyno yet. Car is still torn apart. I'm sure my numbers won't be any better than any other turbo GT with stock internals. Would 200whp be good to hope for?

Silv3rBullet,
Thanks, I'll ask about the flow bench comparison.
I wish I knew where they were going to put the coolant resevoir. I think they are making that **** up as they go. I didn't know this damn thing was going to be so big that it was going to hit the front of the car. They can't put it where the battery was. That's where I told them I want my filter. So now we have to find a spot for the resevoir AND the catch can.
As for the nitrous....not sure if I'll be able to use that until the engine is built later this year.

Thanks EastcoastSpeed.

00silverGTS6spd,
No flow bench yet.

Blue Bomber,
Sorry I don't know how to post pictures here. They didn't have computers in school when I went. Still an idiot when it comes to them.

Seven-Of-Nine,
Good point. I didn't even think of that. Hope it's not a problem.

Be right back.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.