NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for some pictures to compare the quality of tailight tinting between the vinyl overlay sold by some here, niteshade, or having a professional body shop do it. i was about to buy the overlays but i heard mixed reviews so i would like to see some side by side (or as close as i can get) thanks

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
-Professional shop will give the best result.
-Nite Shades will give you the flexibility to darken them to whatever darkness you want, and to leave areas out (reverse lights on 00-02), but will take time and a bit of skill to get right.
-Vinyls are the easiest to install, will be the least expensive option, but are limited to 2(?) different shades.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I know the main differences but what it comes down to is what each looks like. I would love to get mine professionaly done and i may do so if i ever get my bumper and hood painted but i dont know yet.

I was thinking the best would be the vinyl because they are easily removable and thats convenient because if i ever wanted to sell my 03+ tails i could remove the tint.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice this is what i was looking for, thanks guys.

^^ when you say tinted with spray...do you mean a niteshade type spray or were they tinted at a shop?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i am guessing with niteshade as i bought them used that way. I got rearended so those tails were destroyed so i just ordered the niteshade and plan to tint my new ones so i will post those up when i am finished.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I used nightshade on my stock 03's and it came out "ok" with mediocre painting/sanding experience. I recommend the vinyls for a sure fire look and gloss appeal.

do the vinyls first, and if u hate them go niteshade to adjust the gloss/tint with ALOT of work.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Here's mine, it's off the shelf tint cut to fit. I forget what percentage. Came out pretty good concidering I had never tinted anything ever before. Tip: use a spray bottle w/ lots of lightly soapy water and a squeegie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts