1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
i'd marry you

·
Super Moderator
45,680 Posts
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rk0XhQXD1o4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
When are you doing a 2GR swap?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
while a 2GR will be a sweet ass swap, prob not gonna do it. that engine is more expensive than buying a 2ZZ. plus its only DBW and hard to defeat the auto CELs.

once i get this engine SMOGGED, im going to pull it out and swap in a VVT 3MZ and run it with a VVT 1MZ computer. still throttle cable, dual throttle bodies, and make about 240HP

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
while a 2GR will be a sweet ass swap, prob not gonna do it. that engine is more expensive than buying a 2ZZ. plus its only DBW and hard to defeat the auto CELs.

once i get this engine SMOGGED, im going to pull it out and swap in a VVT 3MZ and run it with a VVT 1MZ computer. still throttle cable, dual throttle bodies, and make about 240HP
Isn't there a TRD supercharger for your motor? Wouldn't it be cheaper and more powerful to bolt that up instead?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Isn't there a TRD supercharger for your motor? Wouldn't it be cheaper and more powerful to bolt that up instead?
it would be easier but you just cant find them. and for what they go for used, i can build this kit new

Is it going to be a hassle?
yes but i have all my ducks in a row. i shouldnt have any trouble getting it passed

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
while i did consider swapping a V6 into a 7th gen, i just dont think the hood clearance will support it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts