NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics of my new Exhaust... Fujitsubo Legalis R

Fujitsubo Legalis R

I love it!!! Quiet and sounds great. Not annoying on long drives unlike my old exhaust.

Mind you the SES is great for all out performance and FI. Legalis R is great for everyday use.

I'll be carrying this exhaust for the Celica and other models.. over the next couple months.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Nice! That was my #1 choice for an exhaust (VERY quiet), but it was too expensive. I heard it made a couple more hp than TRD, but there were never dynos to prove it. Fujitsubo's site says it only makes about 5hp, though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!! I had to jump on this exhaust. Yes, it's pricey , the list Price is almost $700..

But when I have some in stock.. I'll keep everyone informed...

I just picked up a MiniDV I'll take vids w/ sound soon.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by TRDXYR
Thanks guys!! I had to jump on this exhaust. Yes, it's pricey , the list Price is almost $700..

But when I have some in stock.. I'll keep everyone informed...

I just picked up a MiniDV I'll take vids w/ sound soon.

A $700 exhaust made from MILD STEEL? Damn, that is pricey.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Cool.... $700.00 and where are the dynos??? I mean, TRDXYR, there are other companies on here selling exhaust... The are paying cash to prove what they are making, are you going to post the same?

I am sure it can be quieter.... But put the #'s up before they will belive!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Their site says Legalis R exhausts are stainless steel.
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-prod/

Here's a previous thread with sound clips:
http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87741
Sorry buddy, but look at the pic. The red arrow shows very clearly that it's aluminized mild steel. Now look at the blue arrow, does it look like the same material?

We do not need to get into this, but it's not a 100% Stainless Steel System. At least not the one in these pictures.

If you want to believe what you read and buy a knock off system that might be using their muffler and resonator alone, then go ahead. This piece isn't a fully stainless system, at least not the ones in the pic. It also makes me question if this part is genuine.

I mean no disrespect, but I call them as I see them.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Hmm, here are some pics of someone else's Fujitsubo:

Polished stainless steel. Maybe they changed their manufacturing process since then (the price has also gone down, too)? The first bend's piping with the flange on TRDXYR's exhaust does look a lot like the unpolished stainless steel on the prototype TPR exhaust, though. Not sure what's up with that 2nd pipe, but the 3rd is definitely polished SS.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts