NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way...if anyone is wondering...the hole in the windshield is from where a man came through my windsield, yes that is his blood on the dashboard and the seat (lots of it everywhere since he did sever his hand off on his way into my car), and no, thats not my engine, that is the engine of the truck that hit me (got torn from the frame and thrown about 150-200 feet on the OTHER side of the road).

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Hmm, "you must have an imagestation account..."

I guess I won't ever get to see this. I'm sick of having to "register" with every web site out there. WHatever happened to people just using webspace provided by their ISP?

Scott

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the disturbance guys. i was just relaly bored and felt like posting some pics.
And no...not everyone was ok. Two guys died the one that got thrown through my windshield and the other guy got run over by his own car as we slid accross the pavement), on got hospitalized for a couple months (broken ribs, and leg and broke every bone in his arm) and i broke my collar bone, damaged my knees, cuts and bruises all over my hands and legs, and staples in my head.

And for those without Imagestation accounts i added the other site at the top.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i dont know but i can infer something about one vehicle making contact with another one

on a more serious note.... :bowdown: to seatbelts...

driving without a seatbelt seroiusly feel weird to me..... like something is missing.... its like Linus' security blanket... sorta literally...

guess it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway: WEAR UR SEATBELTS!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was on my way to school and it had rained earlier that morning so the road was slippery. I was following another guy in a berreta heading east at approximately 55mph. two guys in a S$#tty 70-something Mitsubishi pikcup truck (radial tires on one side and non-radials on the other and a busted suspension) was heading west at about 65mph or faster. The shoulder on the west-bound lane ends abruptly and goes into a rock shoulder and the guy driving the truck wasn't really paying attention, had his right wheels on the paved shoulder before it ended and then when it did end he paniced, overcompensated his turn back onto the road and slid accross the road hitting the guy in front of me head-on. The two of them then proceded to slide down the road towards me and i couldn't stop because the road was too wet. I slammed into the passenger side door and front quater panel of the truck. The passenger and driver of the truck got tossed (they had a rub over the seat so they couldn't wear seatbelts), the passenger came through my windshield losing his hand on the way through. He ended up with his head in the footwell and his feet still sticking out the windshield. The driver got tossed out the passenger door and as we slid accross the pavement the truck ran over him and crushed his skull leaving him DOA half under the truck with a stream of blood pouring out into the street.
So thats a quick synopsis of the story...

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
FriedRice said:
i dont know but i can infer something about one vehicle making contact with another one

on a more serious note.... :bowdown: to seatbelts...

driving without a seatbelt seroiusly feel weird to me..... like something is missing.... its like Linus' security blanket... sorta literally...

guess it goes without saying, but i'll say it anyway: WEAR UR SEATBELTS!
I know that feeling well. Its like a cold shivering feeling........ I was in a low speed 10-15 accident a while back (about 3 years) and I had to brace my arm against the door handle on my car to keep my passenger from going through the front windshield (nearly broke my arm). She had a bad habit of not buckling up... now she doesn't. But after that accident I'll put my seat belt on even when I'm just moving the car A couple feet.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah...i dont' go anywhere without my seatbelt on either...and anyone riding with me...wears a seatbelt.

No i didn't have to go to court. Lawyers settled everything. Biggest kick in the arse was that the guys who caused the accident were dead and they had no insurance coverage on the car. And since i didn't have collision coverage on my car...i got screwed out of a car.

I was supposed to go to a psyciatrist for therapy as well as a physical therapist for my shoulder...but i didn't. I was able to get over it pretty well but i guess a lot of people my age at the time would not have been able to handle that very well. i was told that what i saw that morning was something most people only see in battle (what with the severed hand, pools of blood, dead bodies...creepy stuff).

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
My68Spit said:

I was supposed to go to a psyciatrist for therapy as well as a physical therapist for my shoulder...but i didn't. I was able to get over it pretty well but i guess a lot of people my age at the time would not have been able to handle that very well. i was told that what i saw that morning was something most people only see in battle (what with the severed hand, pools of blood, dead bodies...creepy stuff).
I don't know how longs its been but It wouldn't hurt to get your self checked up. My grand mother never went to therapy after A major accident she has when she was a teen and now the pressure from the femur bones resting on the knee caps have caused the disk to deterioate (spelling) puting her in the hospital 3 times for 3 knee replacements (very very painful according to her).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts