NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The knobs are cool until the computer behind them doesn't work any more. I had them in my last car and and I didn't have any temp control or a/c. 900 bucks for a new one, 475 from a wrecker and it quit 3 months after I bought it. Our knobs are the BEST! hehehehe.

No offence to England!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Unscrew the shift knob and pry up on the peice that is around the shifter. It will pop out. Unplug the cigarette lighter(there's a small clip you have to push to get it off) and put the whole peice out of the way. There's two screws at each side, where that piece was up against the part that covers the climate controls. Now pull the knobs for the climate control and the slider for inside or outside air off. There's two screws behind each of the large knobs. Once those screws are out, you can pop the whole dash peice out, and either disconnect the clock wire, or just swing the whole peice up and sit it on the dash. Then there's four other screws holding the stereo in behind that.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
THAT SUCKS!!!!!

Looks like you're missing the mounting part, the one that has where it's screwed in and held to the centre console. WOW they took everything! Can you say "clean uninstall"? :gap:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
oh wait, those holes are behind the trim pieces, was there a metal mounting part behind the DIN cover?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Hmm, it looks like all you have from the mounting kit is the trim piece, there should be another one that screws to the frame of the dash behind it, I think.

Here's some pics, not the best but they're the most current, the blue LEDs that are in the headlights, I've switched out to white, the blue were too ricey for me.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Those aren't my DRL's, I've got them disabled via the one wire method. They are the 194 parking lights, just LED and I've recently switched them to hyper white ones to go with my new clear supra MK 4 side markers :gap: The blue was too ricey for me and didn't last long, haha. I turn them on by one click on the steering column switch, that way I can go around with just the small lights on, my halo's and fogs. Which reminds me I gotta get pics of my final setup, I don't have any yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.