NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get these springs on Tuesday (ups tracking), and in the meantime I want to see some pics of your celicas with them on stock 15's. I did a search but came up empty. Thanks.

·
Registered
643 Posts

other than a search, all i can say is that it's going to look/handle lots better.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Does anyone know how long stock shocks last? I'm thinking about doing this drop also and I'm thinking I might have to get shocks as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cloudyy said:
Does anyone know how long stock shocks last? I'm thinking about doing this drop also and I'm thinking I might have to get shocks as well.

With this drop, the stock shocks are supposed to last for a long time (that is the reason I bought these springs). Somewhere down the road, if your car ever starts boucing, you can replace the shocks, but you might not even have to worry about that with these springs.

·
Registered
435 Posts
cloudyy said:
The struts should wear fairly normal with these springs. It's when you drop over 1.5 inches or so that you need to start worrying about getting a strut to match the drop. It also depends on how hard you beat on you car's suspension (aka going fast over bumps, etc). I have these springs which are going to be installed with stock struts soon, but I also go super slow over any bumps (to the point where people behind me get pissed) even at the current stock height.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i have a pic but need someone to host it... so i dunno just give me your email and ill give u a pic

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
cloudyy said:
what is normal life of stock struts roughly? I have 70k on the car and I'm thinking its alot.

Depends on how the roads are. I usually change around 70K, however. If your ride is bouncy and stiffer, then you know it is time. Also, I would get the shocks now anyway, since putting on springs requires removing the shocks anyway. It will save you money/time.

Jon

·
Registered
640 Posts
if your not looking to spend too much money on the car and can get someone to install your springs for you, I'd probably just get the springs without changing the shocks. I doubt you drive like a mad man in queens or in binghamton. But if your gonna pay for the installation, then i'd probably get shocks also. Tokico blues would probably be ideal and cheaper.

·
Registered
406 Posts
thanks for the advice, yea I don't usually drive pretty crazy. I would get the springs right away if I could get someone I know to do it for me, but I can't. The price difference in the two options is too big right now. So I guess i'll have to hold off.

BTW. is that your new foglight? nice color, seems bright.

·
Registered
435 Posts
can anyone tell me about how long it takes to remove the struts and springs and then reinstall (using factory struts)? I have about 6-7 hours open now and id like to go out and do it if i have time but i need my car by tomorrow

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Took me about 4 hours. That doesn't include driving time to and from the shop. It isn't hard, just make sure you have a cheater bar or air tools.

·
Registered
435 Posts
JohnnyWash1 said:
Took me about 4 hours. That doesn't include driving time to and from the shop. It isn't hard, just make sure you have a cheater bar or air tools.
awesome, ive got both :)

only problem is finding a damn strut compressor. i was gonna rent one but every place in town was out and it was too late in the evening to take them to a shop. oh well guess ill just have to do it next week. i want to see them on!!!! ahhh!!!

:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts