NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
looks basically the same minus the more appropriate placement of the MAF.

There is a thread here with pics of it.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
No pics of the new design yet. It will be very similar to the previous design piping-wise (same bends and length), but will have a new silicone coupler (most likely with TPRs new logo), the hose for the VSV will attach to the intake itself instead of using a breather filter, the MAFS fins will be cast into the intake itself instead of being welded in, and it will have an adjustable mounting bracket for the best fit possible. It's also made of stainless steel for much higher durability than any other intake out there. The filter's design is much improved over your average K&N, as well, with more surface area and a venturi to increase air velocity into the piping.

Here are pics of the old design:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
where can i get one of the small brether filters?

·
Registered
656 Posts
:drool: Damn thats the first production TPR intake i've seen. It looks really good, the only thing I dont like is the little TPR symbol that looks like a big R. Makes it look look a type R sticker or something.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by black02gt
:drool: Damn thats the first production TPR intake i've seen. It looks really good, the only thing I dont like is the little TPR symbol that looks like a big R. Makes it look look a type R sticker or something.
LOL, don't worry, we've changed the logo to something more recognizable. :rolleyes: The new intake's fit will be even better than in the pic, too.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue Bomber said:
LOL, don't worry, we've changed the logo to something more recognizable. :rolleyes: The new intake's fit will be even better than in the pic, too.

Hey when will the new intakes be available for sale? I just purchased springs so now I am going to wait a couple weeks before I purchase and intake and maybe TPR will be available by then.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
ya a nice small sticker of "TPR" would do. Looks like great quality though(better than my AEM) If I do my GTS swap I'll definantly get a TPR intake.

·
Registered
406 Posts
is this coupler supposed to give the intake more flexibility. my intake doesnt fit around the throttle body perfectly because its angled up. I was looking for something to give a little fit of flex.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by cloudyy
is this coupler supposed to give the intake more flexibility. my intake doesnt fit around the throttle body perfectly because its angled up. I was looking for something to give a little fit of flex.
The coupler will fit better than the previous TPR coupler, since the CAI sits at an angle while entering the throttle body. If you are a TPR CAI owner, you will receive an upgraded top half when TPR gets enough funds to send them out (all previous customers will receive this) If not, check this out:

2.5" Silicone Hump Hose Connector

It will allow the intake to be angled around 30 degrees or more in any direction and still maintain a perfect fit.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by cloudyy
yes, i'm a tpr cai owner, when can I expect this? I would like to see how it would fit with it on.
Unknown. Right now TPR is awaiting more sales of its CAI, SRI, and exhaust so it can afford to make the extra parts (CAI's top half is the most expensive). Upgrades will defintely be sent to all 1st gen TPR CAI owners, though, so you'll get it whenever they are made available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts