NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always hear people saying that there is pinging or knocking sometimes. Well can someone describe to me how pingin or knocking sounds like. And how much does it cost to fix bent valves?

·
Registered
207 Posts
hard to explain just how it sounds...i think i might have some serious damage with my baby right now. I took her to about 7800 rpm the other day after installing some new parts.

She makes a nice metalic rasp/rattle when i take her above 2000rpm...sounds like either a cam position sensor is out of wack or i really did some valve damage in there. Just a sound that you get to know after being around cars for a while..

as for price...depends on the engine. But in general....not cheap at all!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
triflowm5 said:
hard to explain just how it sounds...i think i might have some serious damage with my baby right now. I took her to about 7800 rpm the other day after installing some new parts.

She makes a nice metalic rasp/rattle when i take her above 2000rpm...sounds like either a cam position sensor is out of wack or i really did some valve damage in there. Just a sound that you get to know after being around cars for a while..

as for price...depends on the engine. But in general....not cheap at all!
poor M5:wtc: , did you misshift or something, and what do you think caused the metallic rasp noise??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.