NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
hard to explain just how it sounds...i think i might have some serious damage with my baby right now. I took her to about 7800 rpm the other day after installing some new parts.

She makes a nice metalic rasp/rattle when i take her above 2000rpm...sounds like either a cam position sensor is out of wack or i really did some valve damage in there. Just a sound that you get to know after being around cars for a while..

as for price...depends on the engine. But in general....not cheap at all!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
triflowm5 said:
hard to explain just how it sounds...i think i might have some serious damage with my baby right now. I took her to about 7800 rpm the other day after installing some new parts.

She makes a nice metalic rasp/rattle when i take her above 2000rpm...sounds like either a cam position sensor is out of wack or i really did some valve damage in there. Just a sound that you get to know after being around cars for a while..

as for price...depends on the engine. But in general....not cheap at all!
poor M5:wtc: , did you misshift or something, and what do you think caused the metallic rasp noise??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.