1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
there is deff power made with my stg 2's and stock ecu...mostly on the low cam, but thats what i was wanting when i set out to buy these cams. but now i want more up top, so i wish i would have gotten the stg 3's.. ):

but if u want, mayby we can cut a deal sometime soon? buy the stg 3's. send them my way, ill send you my stg 2's with 200 bucks?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
there is deff power made with my stg 2's and stock ecu...mostly on the low cam
ahhhh, phew. I'm not the only one that thinks that then.

Mind you, I think all the top end power will come with a tuned ems. Mines 'nice' at the moment in top end but it feels like a better % increase comparing the lower cam to the bigger one.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
if i had the power i gained on the low cam and could put that one the high cam that would be beastly...

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Tell me about it!!!

lol, i guess the only guys that are experiencing this are Many and Dan at the moment...oh and of course 240max.

PFC FTW

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
pfc and 50 shot of nitrous comeing to a celi near you! :)
now that would be awsome...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for the replies but can you plz tell me wether those maps gains can be confirmed by your personal experiences or not??? This is a big investment for the gains to be barely noticable...

ados: strange you wanna get rid of your stg2 cams! They give the best compromise between smooth idle/low-midpower/torque....specially torque! And they still give great gains up top. Besides, i can get easily stg3 but i can only find one place with stg2!

BTW, has Piper discontinued their cams for the celica? I heard they still fabricate them for lotus but nor for celica anymore.

cumps

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
pfc and 50 shot of nitrous comeing to a celi near you! :)
now that would be awsome...
did i tell you about my nitrous set up? i'm going to be hitting 100 after the motor is pfc'd :fawk:

BTW, has Piper discontinued their cams for the celica? I heard they still fabricate them for lotus but nor for celica anymore.

cumps
piper cams for lotus=piper cams for celica (both 2zz engined)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
already ordered the Piper cams stg2 + PFC!

I'm here in the biggest doubt thinking if i shouldn't have gone the turbo way...i had preordered v3.0 turbokits.com (base: Garrett GT2871r, bigger IC, new piping design, bigger injectors etc etc etc) upcoming kit in March 2009 with great discount but after hearing a fellow who had installed v2.0 (that could be mine but i decided to wait) who blew up his motor in the power bench dynoing it...i cancelled the preorder. Especially because i don't have someone trustworthy in my town to tune PFC for turbo cars, only for N/A cars and celicas in particular.

So i decided to go with an N/A rev-happy more reliable daily driver car...i hope i made the right choice. I also don't have the income yet to get another car if something goes terribly wrong as that other guy or to have my car in a garage every other month. If all goes well, a few years in Angola working for my own newborn company and then i get a GTR as my weekend car ehehe

I'll post my dynos when i get it tuned! Hopefully soon!

Thx all

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
on the stg 2 and stg3 the low cams are the same...its just inconsitancys with the dyno, or other factors like temp...

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
i had preordered v3.0 turbokits.com
If it helps you feel better, the turbokits.com kits wont fit on rhd celica's because the turbo fouls the steering thingy. Go take a look at the space down, behind your engine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
uh? Only UK in Europe has RHD vehicles. Portugal as all other european countries are LHD.

Again, not having someone trustworthy and near my town tune PFC for turbos and low income to get another car if something goes wrong were the only reasons for not going turbo.

Besides, i think turboing a NA car with such high compression would imply lots of modification$$$ to keep it reliable and drivable (low comp pistons, rods, valves, segments, stronger transmission and clutch, lsd, etc etc). All that of course would be payed off by a little monster under the hood and a big smile everytime i pushed it. Maybe later in life who know$.

PFC and cams will already be great though i hope...my stock ECU hits lift at 6200 rpm and cuts at 8400s. Always hated to fall out of lift from 1st to 2nd which happens most of the time, specially now with a lighter flywheel. This way i'll have more 'liftband', more midpower which is great when i'm at the track coz it's very hard to be always in lift, take advantage of my other breather mods, etc. I think my NA money pitt will end here though...but we never know coz this is a sick addiction!

cumps

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
If it helps you feel better, the turbokits.com kits wont fit on rhd celica's because the turbo fouls the steering thingy. Go take a look at the space down, behind your engine.
Wrong. The turbokits.com kit has the downpipe going towards the center of the car, so you're fine. The C2 kit is the one that doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
We'll be doing an even bigger NA test soon with:

- heads
- headers
- cams
- air intakes
- intake manifolds
- throttle bodies

Many of the parts are custom fabricated. All testing will be done on the same car on the same dyno. The Piper cams are among the parts to be tested. We've tested them before with good results but we'll see how they do with some more impressive bolt-ons to help them out.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

- heads
- headers
- cams
- air intakes
- intake manifolds
- throttle bodies

Many of the parts are custom fabricated. All testing will be done on the same car on the same dyno. The Piper cams are among the parts to be tested. We've tested them before with good results but we'll see how they do with some more impressive bolt-ons to help them out.
keep us updated.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
uh? Only UK in Europe has RHD vehicles. Portugal as all other european countries are LHD.
my bad, i should have realised that. it's just that some people over here have euro imported models and they're RHD, so i just thought all euro celi's are like that.

Wrong. The turbokits.com kit has the downpipe going towards the center of the car, so you're fine. The C2 kit is the one that doesn't work.
oh really? I'm sure I read about some guy on this board...in austrailia i think with a RHD model and turbo kit that need modification to fit. not sure which kit though...i'll do some fishing for it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

- heads
- headers
- cams
- air intakes
- intake manifolds
- throttle bodies

x3! can't wait for your build! An AEM CAI v3 or an Injen CAI v3 is also in the 'pack' as a gift... which would you choose? One less curve and less length favor the Injen but the MAF location seems to favor the AEM....

what about sparkplugs. NGK/Denso Iridium IK20 or IK22 for the build im looking for? which are the stock ones btw?

(later on... Trial Big Throttle and portmatched intake manifold, JE high compression pistons, Carrilo rods, MWR valves and springs etc etc GAH! NA is expensive!)

cumps

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.