1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
woah. good numbers for a stock ecu.

·
Registered
320 Posts
man they look good! looks like stage 3 and a PFC are called for if ya ask me!

wonder if there tough on daily driving.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, I know it's Wednesday and not Tuesday, but I got the stage 2 cams installed in my 2zz swapped MR2 yesterday. The results were a little low (176.8 whp @ 8093rpm), but there is definitely appreciable gains in the midrage, and my torque curve is very flat from about 4000rpm on.

MWR did the install and the tuning, and I couldn't be more happy with their service. Matt stayed about four hours after they were supposed to close to make sure everything was done correctly and I could leave the same day. He believes that my intake was wreaking havoc on my a/f ratio, so he's going to build me a different one and retune when I get the chance to make the trip up to Detroit again.

I'll post up the dyno sheet and I full review when I get the .jpg version and drive the car more.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
sounds like mwr has some good customer service

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sounds great, I was thinking of stage 2 as well.

I believe with stage 2 you can get alot of power with tuning cam crossover.

·
Registered
320 Posts
question about theses cams, have a look at my sig to see current mods, was thinking stage 3 and PFC....is this a bad idea? would there be a lot of tuning time? would there be better mods to do instead? also for a daily driving car, would it still be ok for daily driving?

·
Registered
320 Posts
ok will do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts