NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys the piper cams from Monkey Wrench like stage 2 and 3 do you have to do any other work to the car besides with the stage 3 the pfc tune? want to buy for extra power and torque. thanks

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys i really need advice:confused:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is no need for springs or valves? and in everyones opinion would i be better to get the stage 2 or 3? I dont plan on buying a PFC yet but if i have to to gain some extra power and tune my car better i can. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would cams be easy to put in a gt-s? i plan on doing it myself adn seemed easy when i had the valve cover off. Would i be able to? and on another side note would i lose my mpg with competition cams only when im on them?

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
I wouldn't bother with cams until I raised the compression

you're going to need that higher compression to push the air out with higher lift and duration.

one of the biggest mistakes people make is going for big cams without a bump in compression.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Just get the stage 2 cams if you don't want to get the PFC, but I would recommend getting it ASAP to maximize the potential!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
would i see some good gains? without the pfc?

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
^not really true. aslong as you get the PFC and tune them properly you will see gains. With raised compression you will see more is all.
of course you will see gains

but you won't realize the full potential of the camshafts and it won't really be worth the $ versus the power output - this is why none of the Celicas are pushing even 200 whp yet.

Take a Prelude for example, with cams you'll see maybe 10-15 hp, with cams and proper pistons (and 3" exhaust) you'll see 40 whp. I **** you not.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
you are better getting valves and springs. And if you do springs, you must do the valves.

I wouldn't bother with cams until I raised the compression

you're going to need that higher compression to push the air out with higher lift and duration.

one of the biggest mistakes people make is going for big cams without a bump in compression.
Not true.

Compression help but it isn't everything.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dang so i have to change out the pistons to make my car have higher compression? is that all i have to do or do i have to bore them too? And with this change in compression it would be safe with the cams? and better power output? Would i still need the pfc by then?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so which course would be the best way? I just wanted to get more power low and mid range and a few in the upper range without doing alot of modifing. And going to the extent of a turbo or s/c

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
plus how am i supposed to tune my car since its an 03 i cant get the pfc for it? any advice?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:no: i like my celica

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
plus how am i supposed to tune my car since its an 03 i cant get the pfc for it? any advice?
AEM Hydra i believe is the only option for you.
dang so i have to change out the pistons to make my car have higher compression?
Yes.
do i have to bore them too?
No.
with this change in compression it would be safe with the cams? and better power output?
Yes. Yes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.