NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my springs installed by another member here. He noticed that I had these plastic/rubber blocks that attach to my front springs kind of like a spacer. We put them on the new springs. Now when ever I am turning it sounds like something is rubbing, but I have checked and theere is plenty of clearance around the tires. I believe that this block is causing the rubbing noise when I turn. The guy who did the install said he did not have those spacers on his '02. Does anyone know what they are, if I need them, and if it would make sense for hem to be the cause of the rubbing noise?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
LOL, those are shipping spacers. :rofl: They were supposed to be taken off at the dealership before you bought the car. :chuckles: Yank em and feel how great the car really handles! :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$hit you have got to be kidding me...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tanabe superdowns 2"

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope. Never had anyone recommend getting a camber kit to me as far as I can remember.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
:chuckles:

There's a good chance you'll need the camber kit. The Tanabe rear springs drop 2.4". :eek: I feel sorry for your struts. :wtc:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am actually going to posting pictures soon. What camber kit would you recommend for this drop?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Most people use Hotchkis camber links. I know Eibach makes a camber kit, too, but I'm not sure if it's able to adjust far enough for springs that low.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
lol.. you know what funny i saw this.. coz i was gonna tell you.. if the car doesn't lower in the front very much.. you should take those rubber/foam things off. anyways are you going to the meet this sunday? i'll bring your stuff then.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
LOL, those are shipping spacers. :rofl: They were supposed to be taken off at the dealership before you bought the car. :chuckles: Yank em and feel how great the car really handles! :D
that's some funny sh!t

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for reviving this thread. :laugh:
I actually just got some pictures of the blocks Friday. I was going to post them later this week in this thread just to make sure that they were in fact the spacers that Blue was talking about. Hopefully they are what is making that squeeking noise when I turn.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
im running tanabe DF210 springs, and they dont seem as low as the Super Downs. Maybe cuz im running kyb agx shocks though. its been like 10,000 miles and the shocks are okay. I didn't need a camber kit; i just got an alignment and the shop was able to bring to to spec. I have my alignment sheet somewhere at home. No crash bolts needed either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts