NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving last nite no too hard, maybe reved it up to 5.5k when i felt the car buggin out, i would give it gas and it would just bug out. I pulled over to the side and the car stalled. I checked the oil and hoses and everythign seemed fine. I tried to start it up again and now it won't start. It starts for a second but then it stalls. if i give it gas while is on for that second it wont respond to it.

My first guess is the emanage. I checked all the wires and they seemed fine. There is no error codes in the unit. One LED stays on green and the other stays on orange.
What else could it be?

thanks

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i did some research and i'm starting to think it's a coil pack. How can i check this?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
check your fuel system (injectors, fuel pump, etc).. could also be your coil pack, spark plugs... or even the emanage... did a CEL come up? it could even be the maf sensor not hookup/loose.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
yeah e-manage has a history of burning up coil packs - one of the many reasons why I don't like the E-manage. Best way to diagnose a coil pack is to get a friend to come over put your coil packs into his car one by one and see if they set a code.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
if it turns on then stopps after 2 sec ( i mean just 1 bruuuum), then a coil may been ****ed.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Maybe the ECU fuse? It's the blue one on the center on the rigth side while facing the car and opening the fuse box. It's a 15amp fuse I guess. Check that, that's easy :gap:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Bing said:
Maybe the ECU fuse? It's the blue one on the center on the rigth side while facing the car and opening the fuse box. It's a 15amp fuse I guess. Check that, that's easy :gap:
If that is the case hsi check engine light will not come on during the buld check so it should be easy to verify. But why would it be blown?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Because I had my fuse blow a couple of time. Not anymore now... I had it like twice 9 months ago, now car runs perfect without any problems, CEL's or whatever.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the suggestions. The fuese seems fine so i guess i'll buy a coil pack tomorrow and try it one at the time.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a new coil pack and tested it one at a time. No luck. At one point some smoke came out.

THe emanages light stays on green, is it supposed to blink?

Any other suggestions? :confused:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Try holding the throttle plate open a tad and spraying carb clean into the intake while cranking. See if it starts. If so its a fuel or fuel metering problem.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Well this has happend to me before. Try checking all your piping and see if there are any leaks. If there are leaks before the MAFS, then the car will shut off. Same affects, turning it on and shutting off right after.

I honestly dont know what owuld go wrong when your car was running. weird.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
RichGT could be right. Did you hear any plop like noise before it started to bog?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont recall any weird noises. I checked the piping and it seemed fine.

I got an OBDII reader and got these codes:

P1300 (Igniter circuit malfunction No. 1)
P1305 (Igniter circuit malfunction No. 2)
P1310 (Igniter circuit malfunction No. 3)
P1315 (Igniter circuit malfunction No. 4)

Sshould I just unsolder the Ignition connectors for the emanage? seems like a pain in the ass tho.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, i unplugged the emanage completely and started up the car. It started up for 3 seconds then it died.
I checked the code and i'm getting po100 MAF sensor malfunction. I unplugged the maf sensor and it starts up fine. it stays on but wont rev pass 3k. Would it be ok for me to drive the car like that to a dealer?
:wtc:
do i need a new MAF sensor? or could it be my ECU?
I aso got a po300 code (random missfire) but it went away.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
try getting a q-tip and clean the maf sensor. As far as the misfire, i have no clue where that can be coming from. Did you change out your spark plugs? Try to check all the sensors on your car.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Who connected you Greddy? Were the jumpers set right to match the car?
It seems you dont have the coil fail if it runs anyhow. Do you want to check the wireing of the greddy step by step? I have pics as well.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rich I tried cleaning it and nothing.

C2Gas if you have any pics that you could email me that would be great. I Installed the emange myself, I got it from monkey wrench so i believe the jumper settings were right.
Right now the emange is completely out and i'm still having the same sympthoms. Car starts up for a second and then it dies. If i unplug the MAF sensor the it stays on. :confused:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
twistedGTS said:
Rich I tried cleaning it and nothing.

Right now the emange is completely out and i'm still having the same sympthoms. Car starts up for a second and then it dies. If i unplug the MAF sensor the it stays on. :confused:
Sounds like a blown MAF. The ecu will run in limp mode if the MAF's unplugged (completely ignoring it and going on limp fuel maps). Once plugged in, the ecu will try to read the MAF which is giving faulty readings.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by boostjunkie26
Sounds like a blown MAF. The ecu will run in limp mode if the MAF's unplugged (completely ignoring it and going on limp fuel maps). Once plugged in, the ecu will try to read the MAF which is giving faulty readings.
Right. ANd limp mode = cant rev past 3k.

"Good Call my young padawan" :chuckles:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts