NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So... is it mainly u notice it when ur foots on the brake?

2000 GTS Turbo
I notice it doing that weird thing when I’m reversing because the whole car will shake and when I switch it to Drive, it will start having trouble shifting and idling until I’m going 45+ without stopping for a few minutes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I notice it doing that weird thing when I’m reversing because the whole car will shake and when I switch it to Drive, it will start having trouble shifting and idling until I’m going 45+ without stopping for a few minutes.
Its easier to just post it to youtube and on the options have it only viewable by direct link.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That banging noise? Is that from ur car?? Not the road??

2000 GTS Turbo
The banging noise is from my car. My suspension on the front left wheel is going out and if you hear any clicking noises when turning left, it’s from my cv axle. The road I was driving on just made the noise worse :/

·
Registered
348 Posts
The banging noise is from my car. My suspension on the front left wheel is going out and if you hear any clicking noises when turning left, it’s from my cv axle. The road I was driving on just made the noise worse :/
F... well with so much going on is hard to narrow in on somthing. I would say take it some where they can put a real scanner on it or if your wanting to do it urself buy so.thing that can read all codes an give live data. I like the blue driver. I use it when im doin diag.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
F... well with so much going on is hard to narrow in on somthing. I would say take it some where they can put a real scanner on it or if your wanting to do it urself buy so.thing that can read all codes an give live data. I like the blue driver. I use it when im doin diag.

2000 GTS Turbo
I probably will but most places usually charge a lot :/ How does blue driver work though? Do you have to have a diag? I had a friend read my engine code off of his diag and it read as a misfire from each cylinder (all 4) and catalyst threshold system to low bank 1 and low bank 2.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If u press the brake in park does the idle change drasticly? Press firmly for a few seconds then let off repeat a few times and see if you can feel a difference in the car.

If there is a notable difference then its highly possible your brakebooster needs replaced because of a ruptured diaphragm internally. Isnt super common but it has VERY specific symptoms that lead to a vaccum leak which is your symptoms to a T minus the whole reverse thing... but if it has more to do with being on the brake then simply reverse that would explain that.

2000 GTS Turbo
The 99% of the time you will have a rock hard brake pedal and hear a hissing noise under the dash..

But it could be that the hose is not on the one way check valve and onto the pcv instead.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If u press the brake in park does the idle change drasticly? Press firmly for a few seconds then let off repeat a few times and see if you can feel a difference in the car.

If there is a notable difference then its highly possible your brakebooster needs replaced because of a ruptured diaphragm internally. Isnt super common but it has VERY specific symptoms that lead to a vaccum leak which is your symptoms to a T minus the whole reverse thing... but if it has more to do with being on the brake then simply reverse that would explain that.

2000 GTS Turbo
The idle does change drastically when changing from park to reverse or from reverse to drive. Where is the brakebooster located? And I’ll take a video tomorrow of me switching gears from park to reverse because when in reverse, it shakes and the whole car sounds rough. My sister says it sounds like a roller coaster cause of the loudness and some distant clicking like noise.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The 99% of the time you will have a rock hard brake pedal and hear a hissing noise under the dash..

But it could be that the hose is not on the one way check valve and onto the pcv instead.
Does it only make the hissing noise when reversing? And do you have any idea how to check if the hose is on the check valve or the pcv? I don’t know where either of those are located.

·
Registered
348 Posts

This is not accurate... id say 20% the pedal still functions correctly. 30% it sucks the pedal to the floor and 50% rock hard pedal. It depends how the diaphragm is damaged or the valves are stuck open closed ect.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This is not accurate... id say 20% the pedal still functions correctly. 30% it sucks the pedal to the floor and 50% rock hard pedal. It depends how the diaphragm is damaged or the valves are stuck open closed ect.

2000 GTS Turbo
What would be sucking the pedal to the floor?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
An internal valve in the booster being stuck open alowing vaccum to pull the pedal down or keep it down when pressed. You see some weird shit when u work on cars long enough.

2000 GTS Turbo
How do I fix that or do you know where it’s located?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is..... is ur brake pedal staying on the floor when u push it down?? If not i wouldnt worry about it, id change ur spark plugs first then we can move to other potentials

2000 GTS Turbo

21 - 40 of 66 Posts