NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Couldn't agree more with @mxaustin the gasket and sparks go first. Then go with the coils. Step at a time, and these are probably the cheapest and easiest solution to your issues... ECM may be the last thing on the list, as far as I know the only issues Toyota had with ECMs were the early 90's Lexus V8s... But imma stay out of this conversation, for now, lol.. yes your alternator covered in oil is the valve cover gasket leaking...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Couldn't agree more with @mxaustin the gasket and sparks go first. Then go with the coils. Step at a time, and these are probably the cheapest and easiest solution to your issues... ECM may be the last thing on the list, as far as I know the only issues Toyota had with ECMs were the early 90's Lexus V8s... But imma stay out of this conversation, for now, lol.. yes your alternator covered in oil is the valve cover gasket leaking...
Nailed it bud.

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
How could all cylinders have a misfire but still run?? (Look at the pics of my codes for reference) and I have no idea what igniter starter is.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Jim
Did you fix the issues we talked about?

A random missfire code cannot pin down which cyl it came from or it could be sparatic.

2000 GTS Turbo
Not yet. Got snowed in last week and left my car at my dads while I went to my moms. When I get paid Friday I’m probably gonna take it to a shop or somethin because I don’t know who would be willing to help me fix it all :/

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jim

Not yet. Got snowed in last week and left my car at my dads while I went to my moms. When I get paid Friday I’m probably gonna take it to a shop or somethin because I don’t know who would be willing to help me fix it all :/
Probably not what you want to hear, but let your dad take it to the shop.... Nothing against you, but they'll be less prone to play games with him and your car....

You can have a multiple misfire and still run, shitty, but still run... mine did every time it rained, because the cold air intake would suck in water, I would have a blinking CEL with a random misfire code.. so when it rains I just take my truck and avoid the hassle..

61 - 66 of 66 Posts