NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a TRD oil cooler for couples months, but last time when I took it to the auto shop, he said he did not know when to connect the hoses.
Would any one mind posting a picture of how the oil cooler is installed?
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there are 2 ruber caps around where the oil filter is mount?
THX!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Here is a link to pictures of my TRD oil cooler install. Yes there were black rubber caps with clamps over these coolant line connections.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290070421&idx=0

I removed the starter from under the car and installed the oil cooler from underneath. You may not be able to see the coolant lines from underneath without the starter removed. If you remove the intake manifold the connections are right under it can't miss them.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
well it helps by using your radiator fluid to help cool your oil (water-to-oil cooler), at the track, hot days, long trips your oil can exceed it's optimum operating temp and not lubricate effectivly. cooling it and keeping it at it's optimum temp insures proper lubrication for the engine.

It's about $200 buck, dunno if they're still made but you can find them in Japan. maybe TRDXR can get you one. I would think an Air-to-oil cooler would be more effective since its acts like a radiator using air to cool oil. Once your coolant get warm, the TRD oil cooler (water-to-oil cooler) won't be so effective anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts