NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Toyota Celica Gt-S and I got the engine swapped a month ago. When I start the car and the car is not fully warmed up the lift works perfectly fine but after driving the car for 20-25 minutes and the temperature car is fully warmed up the lift stops working. At first the lift starts to feel very weak and after 1 or 2 minutes the lift totally stops working and the rpm limits at 7000.

Additional information: The new engine was in a very good condition. It has a Yamaha Head so it's not from an old model. Spark Plugs are new.

Please help. I have already swapped the engine and it costed me alot and I don't want to spend more money on it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What else can the problem be except for a broken lift bolt or a clogged ocv? And can I drive the car normally or would this problem affect anything else in the engine?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
if its a lift bolt you can drive like that forever, as long as the shaft does not start to work its way out into the VVT gear. just take the valve cover off and check the bolts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if its a lift bolt you can drive like that forever, as long as the shaft does not start to work its way out into the VVT gear. just take the valve cover off and check the bolts
If the bolts are broken, shouldn't the car totally run without the lift as my celica's lift is working normally when the car is not fully warmed up. Sorry for asking too much questions as I'm a newbie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts