Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm after some help with where to start with my Celica. This is my first car and don't really know much about cars on a mechanical level, I'm more of an IT guy but I want to use this as an opportunity to learn and hopefully keep my beauty on the road.

When the Lockdown started the car sat on the drive for a couple of weeks. When I went to use it the car started up fine but when I touched the accelerator the revs would drop. I let it run for a short while while I pumped the tyres up. After I tried pressing the accelerator and the revs would go up but would sort of stutter. I noticed the yellow engine warning light was on so let it run for a few more minutes and then turned it off.

About a month later I went out to start the car again and I got the same symptoms, only this time after it running for a while the revs would continue to drop as I touched the accelerator. The car slowly lost power and eventually stalled.I wasn't able to start it back up after a couple of minutes and since then the battery has now died.

I'm in the process of charging up the spare battery. My plan is to order some parts, replace the battery and then start replacing the parts of what I've ordered until I get somewhere with it. The problem is, I have no idea where to start with what parts to order.

So guys, where should I start? My issue seems very similar to a post from 8 years ago: Random Bog- Loss of Power

Should I start with this MAF sensor and spark plugs, or should I be looking at something else? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,310 Posts
FYI, this forum is primarily focused on the 7th Gen Celica. Given the age of a ST202, I'd check vacuum hoses for cracking/leaking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI, this forum is primarily focused on the 7th Gen Celica. Given the age of a ST202, I'd check vacuum hoses for cracking/leaking.
Thanks for getting back to me! I can't find a way of removing this thread so I've just edited the title to stop others from clicking it. I'll start with the vacuum hoses and work from there.(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
my celica used to stutter when i would give it gas around start up. I changed my Maf and it seemed to fix the problem. when i would drive it it would feel like it was hesitating then going them slowing back down. If you have the GTS it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the lift bolts because they have a tendency to break if you haven't had them replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.