NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is better?
What thickness must it be?
How many here are using plexi or lexian?
Where did you purchase it?

The car is for time attack.
Thanks.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
I'm using Lexan, 3mm thick and it's fine. Of course, if you park on the main road, I wouldn't advise on it personally due to security (ie, a strong/heavy person could easily stomp through the window and expose access to the car) but as you say, if it's for race, then go nuts.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Lexan.... Its super light weight, strong, and easier to cut in my opinion. Only thing is with both of them they will scratch easily, but that comes with the territory.

If it is for a race car only race car then go for it but if its everyday driver hell no. I don't even think lexan is DOT legal.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
No body is going to stomp through 3mm lexan. Not even a hammer would go though. You may be able to make a hole with a pick axe though, but just a hole but would probably stop BB pellets and low velocity air gun pellets.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
I don't know man....I think you'd have a hard time making a hole in the first place if it's real Lexan and not just some knockoff Plexi sold as Lexan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwDckyi5sbA It's deflecting 22 air gun rounds like nothing, those shatter tempered car glass, crack windshields easily, can penetrate them even, and will kill you.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I deal with lexan with RC car bodies. The stuff is really tough but if someone really hated you all they would need is to poke it with something sharp and use tin snips to ruin your day.

But like I said, someone has to really hate you.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Plexi scratches and cracks easier than lexan. If you're installing it with mechanical fasterners (bolt,pop rivet) then has to be lexan. Plexi will crack while installing it. Don't use any ammonia based cleaners to clean with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.