NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here we go I have those PO 440, 441, 446 error check several times. They come up every week or so and I know the gas cap is good I had it checked during emissions test. I have a after market short ram got off ebay been on there for like there years. I think the problem was from PVM Vacum Switching valve had a broken wire. So I spliced it up and it seems to work for a while. Then code came back and I noticed that the cansiter control valve appears to be missing. I thisnk that what is is called my intake has a nipple that attached after filter and ran to this thing. Now I am looking for the cnaister valve and I just see a black hose with a clamp on the end? Whould this cause problem?

I post pics of items to illustrate not mine but same things?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first picture is the thing that appears to be missing what is that. Is this the obd canister valve? The second pic is the switch valve that had the broken wire I belive I have spliced correctly. Ilearned lessonn on leaving this plugs flopping aroung engine then the break and dissappear! Any help? Suggestions Prices? Can I drive long term with these errors?

·
Registered
459 Posts
i have the same CEL codes. have had them for more than a year. i had a CAI then switched back to stock everything, and the code still popped back up. i have a good gas cap, and everything is hooked up correctly. i have no flippin idea what it is. i looked at the things i had to check in the manual for those codes and it gave me a headache.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Gearbangin said:
Does this effect drivablity? Anyone?
Nope, i had those codes for about a month, drove daily to and from work.

However, what had happened to my was one of the hose going to that check valve came off.

·
Registered
562 Posts
From obd-codes.com

This indicates that a part of the EVAP control system is no longer fuctioning correctly. The EVAP system consists of many parts, including (but not limited to) the gas cap, fuel lines, carbon canister, purge valve, and other hoses. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine.

SymptomsYou likely won't notice any drivability problems.

CausesA code P0440 could mean one or more of the following has happened:

The gas cap is not installed or working properly
The purge solenoid has failed
The canister is plugged and not working properly

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,527 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yea Ive been bugged by mine for awhile and i took it into work yesterday and it pulled 4 cel's. All related to the EVAP system, something about purge vavle malfunction and something circuit

·
Registered
976 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
Yea Ive been bugged by mine for awhile and i took it into work yesterday and it pulled 4 cel's. All related to the EVAP system, something about purge vavle malfunction and something circuit
ditto :(

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I had a small leak that passed the tests, but took a second trip to the dealer to figure out. It was a small line that plugged in to the canister at the other end of the car. It was the only thing they didn't check the first time because they didn't want to have to take the muffler off. They just cut the bad end off and plugged it back in.
dB

·
Registered
321 Posts
ive had the same problem for over a year now... i also notice that when i try to fill up my gas tank the damn gas pump thing clicks and stops..like if the thank was full...it does this 4 or 5 times beofre i can fill up my tank completely....

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
keosking said:
ive had the same problem for over a year now... i also notice that when i try to fill up my gas tank the damn gas pump thing clicks and stops..like if the thank was full...it does this 4 or 5 times beofre i can fill up my tank completely....
That has to do with the angle of the pump handle and how it puts pressure in the nozzle

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,527 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts