NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you in Northern or Southern California, do you have any suggestions as to where I could get polishing of my intake manifold and valve cover done at?

It's for a GTS, so both are metal.

Specific locations or at least names so I could look them up.

Much appreciated,
aerospike

·
Registered
792 Posts
Do it yourself and save some money. I remember seeing pics of one someone did themself and it looked pretty awesome but it takes a good while.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
dmaxd03 said:
Do it yourself and save some money. I remember seeing pics of one someone did themself and it looked pretty awesome but it takes a good while.
Do yourself a big favor, don't listen to this guy. If it were a big flat surface, I'd say maybe. Also, the pics you see on the internet hide many blemishes leftover in an amateur job.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I am definitely not doing it myself. I do not have the time nor the desire, and I have the money to pay for it to be done by a professional.

So, any suggestions of good places in Nor Cal or So Cal?

·
Registered
500 Posts
yeah, what was teh cost?? I live on the east coast, anyone over here had that done?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks WRENCHHEAD....I'll call them and get a quote for my manifold and valve cover. I'll post up on the board when I find out.

I appreciate your time to give me that response.

aerospike

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No news yet guys. I tried calling on Friday but could not get through. They will be closed on Monday too. I'll probably just stop on by - they are only about 15 mins away from where I am at currently in CA.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
yeah the polishing shop. i got mine done there. i deliver to them all the time. coz i work at napa. but if i could do it over again i'd just get it chromed. although its much better looking than stock.. it's hard to maintain especially with that hoodscoop where water always goes in and gets water spots on my valve cover. plus chrome looks a lot shinier.. only problem is i dont think it will dissipate heat as well. but it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

if you're gonna get stuff polished.. take everything off that you want polished and get it done at the same time.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE

Got ahold of The Polishing Shop today. Phone # = 805-376-1112. Spoke with Alan.

Price = $225 to polish intake manifold and valve cover. Turnaround time is 1 week or less.

That is all...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
yah.. i remember i got my valve cover done for really cheap.. but then again i had it done with like 7 other friends.. i wonder how much of that is for polishing the intake manifold because my valve cover was a fraction of that.

btw they do a great job.. send in a bunch of stuff at the same time if you go through them.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Originally posted by hi ho silver
yah.. i remember i got my valve cover done for really cheap.. but then again i had it done with like 7 other friends.. i wonder how much of that is for polishing the intake manifold because my valve cover was a fraction of that.

btw they do a great job.. send in a bunch of stuff at the same time if you go through them.
on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is least difficult and 10 is most difficult Id say the valve cover would be a 3 and the intake manifold would be a 9.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts