Votes: 14 23.7%
  • 08 or 09 Viper Convertible

Votes: 3 5.1%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you guys are the first to know. I no longer have the GTR. I broker I've worked with in the past found a buyer in Poland that wants my car. Now, I didn't even have it listed for sale, but I guess he saw pics of it on one of the forums. Now, I paid 10k over msrp for it. The guy paid 12k over what I paid! My car even had 4500 miles on it. Why'd he pay so much? The GTR isnt available in Europe yet until late next year, so these guys are paying top dollar for the here. I couldn't pass up the oppourtunity to make a little $$ :D.

So here's where I'm at. Do I get another GTR? I found a Super Silver one for 5k over msrp. Super Silver paint job is 3k more than all the other due to the multi stage paint, and incredible effect the paint has. Or thinking of getting an 08 or 09 Viper Coupe or Convertible. My other Viper was an 06, and the 08 is an entirely new engine (vvti) with 95 more horses than my 06. Plus from what I've read, alot more refined and just a better car than the 06 models 3gen models. I've never owned a Viper convertible, so maybe I should go that route, but the coupes nicer imo.

Your thoughts?

Bat

·
Registered
141 Posts
I personally prefer the viper. It looks more muscular and it has better acceleration at higher speeds. Really depends on your taste. Should be fun to try to decide though lol I wish I had to make a choice like that :gap:

·
Registered
727 Posts
do mean to hate on vipers but i do.i understand that lots of people like them but i just dont care for them at all.i think the gtr kicks the vipers ass all over the place in looks,performance,and when i say performance i mean not only in a straight line witch is the vipers main perfomance.but i konw that you like vipers so just putting my 2 cents in.....hope you get another gtr!

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are both awesome cars IMO.
And congrats on the sale, thats insane :AF:
But your on an import forum, GTR All the way :headbang:
of course your known for your vipers :chuckles: ...
I'm no help -_-
but I voted GTR :D

gl Andy! :D

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
I would go witht he GT-R for sure :thumbup:
it's the rarity factor compared to a viper :shrugs:

·
Murse Practitioner.
2,911 Posts
aesthetically you I want to see your NSX again. But between theses two choices I'm going to say get the Viper. It will feel like your driving your car again, not your computer:chuckles: plus I don't care for silver cars:shrugs: but the gunmetal viper :thumbup: or another white and blue :)

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
You should get the GT-R, sell it to another European guy after a few thousand miles, make some more money, and then get another GT-R and start all over again :chuckles:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Get something Italian or German or maybe an Aston?

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I'd get a GTR, can drive anywhere and not worry about it. Viper you have to worry about where you park and stuff. Also because of the convertible you lose some rigidity... but then every Viper you drove is Targa top so they do not have rigidity either, so it would not mean any difference...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I vote GTR, although i'm not too excited about the silver paint though.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
VIPER

More aggressive looks, more potential for power and you can actually use stuff that came on the car (I'm referring to the traction control and launch control issue on the GTR)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.