Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Other (WRX, EVO8, STI, whatever)

Votes: 9 37.5%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, i'm playing with the idea of getting another car and selling the celica. something that will have a longer warranty. i'm currently looking at used Audi tt's and S4's. something in the 20k range. I want something that is classy (luxury like) but also have some performance to boot and i think both these cars fit that bill nice. if you are going to suggest something, don't say somethin retarded like "get a stripped down 350z". if i am going to buy a car, it's going to be fully loaded. what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
S4 over an Sti?! You nuts?! :confused:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I say no to the TT, It has less performance than a Celica GT-S

S4's are nice, but are known to have problems

How about an E36 M3? You can pick up a 95 M3 for mid to high teens. In fact I know someone who is selling his 95 for $14k, and it's in perfect condition.
Link to his ad If you are into modding your car most M3 enthusiasts say go for a 95, becuase it was the only year of the OBDI senser. It was a 3.0L i6 but has 240hp, in 96' they went to the OBDII senser and upped the engine to 3.2L to compensate. The OBDI models take breathing mods better than the OBDII models.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i would like to stick to something that still has a warranty... i like the audi's because you can chip those suckers and you get great gains, and you wont' lose warranty status cause the chips aren't identifiable by any scan tools.

as far as mods go, all that i would have planned is to get the car chipped, some h&r springs and some audi RS4 or some nice 3 piece wheels. maybe a short shifter but i think the stock one is ok as it is. as long as the bose system is decent in the car i won't be too worried about it. i want something that doesn't look too modded as i think it makes the car look more "teenagerish" and i don't want comments about the movie fast and furious to have anything to do with my car.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:

:wtf:

ru serious?? i get played around w/ my friends TT(225hp version) ALL the time:(
ok.. less performance may be a stretch. But for a $40k "sports" car it should have a lot more punch.

*according to R&T*
Celica GT-S 0-60 6.4; skidpad .87g
TT Roadster 225hp 0-60 6.4; skidpad .86g

but of course this is magazine racing so take it for what it's worth. I'm very unimpressed with TT's.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah the tt isn't the greatest performer, but the money i save gettin a tt i could get a chip and it becomes a much better performer. i would chip the s4 as well but it would have to wait

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
the celi got a 6.4 (0-60)??? damn.....when was this?:confused: the best i'v heard/read is 6.7-6.8

It is a KNOWN fact that euro cars are detuned and dehyped(my own word:gap:) from factory compare to jap cars. all you need is a chip(most cases underwarranty) and a few boltons.....u got ur self a beast. it's true they have a crappy electrical system but which mfct does not have defects in it's line up.

i'm not too sure about handling ability of the TT cuz i have not driven his car, but i'm damn sure the celi will get it's but wooopd for straight away speed 90% of the time. If i had to guess, i'm sure that the celi is a much better handler stock vs. stock

EDIT: back to the thread. If you want class+performance, you should not even consider the rest of these cars. you should not even made up this thread:) .....it's that easy of an answer

but if u want pure performance, then that's a different story all together

·
Registered
96 Posts
S4 ALL THE WAY. THAT CAR IS THE BEAST!!! PLUS IT'S QUATTRO. THAT IS SOME SERIOUS SHIIIIIIIII. DONT EVEN THINK DUDE IF YOU CAN FIND A USED S4 BUY IT. I AM LOOKING TO BUY ONE AND THERE IS ONLY 6 OF THEM FOR SALE IN THE WHOLE U.S.A.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh theres a lot more than 6. just look on ebay. the tt's suspension was actually recalled because of high speed stability. so with the one suspension it might be a little better. i think a set of H&R springs/coilovers could fix things real quick ;) right now i'm leaning towards the s4 simply because of power, it has 4 doors and decent trunk space.

·
Registered
96 Posts
dont think get that car!!! s4 has won so many championships in the european cup it's not even funny. and there is not a person who doesnt like that car. it has everything...luxury, speed, handling....etc!!!

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ChicagoCELICA said:
dont think get that car!!! s4 has won so many championships in the european cup it's not even funny. and there is not a person who doesnt like that car. it has everything...luxury, speed, handling....etc!!!
you have a great point ;)

·
Registered
827 Posts
The S4 is a great car! I raced a modded one when I still had my celica. That car just took off!!! It was soooo F***** fast! It was like my car was standing still! Anyway, get the S4! Either that or a used 97+ M3!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
rode in an S4 at laguna seca today. its a very good car. the driver says with his chip and race gas (100/110) he can get aroudn 350hp crank. dunno if its exact, but if so, that is damn crazy.

it feels pretty heavy tho. for a track car i'd take an sti over the s4, but for everyday driveability, and stuff, s4 is good. nice suspension, 4 door (more space than the scoobie) and the interior is waaaay more upscale.

if u can afford it, go for it. beware tho... test drive first... clutch is damn hard. (compared to the WRX i drove. which would be a better indication of what the STi would feel like)

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
k2snownsk8 said:
i would like to stick to something that still has a warranty... i like the audi's because you can chip those suckers and you get great gains, and you wont' lose warranty status cause the chips aren't identifiable by any scan tools.

That is woefully incorrect. You better do your research and find a dealership that is "chip" friendly near you. Once you go to one that isn't, and they will find your chip in there, I belive it is made known to other dealerships. And of course associated problems. But any problems you'll have engine wise, they will pin on a chip. I don't know where you're finding an S4 still under warrenty for 20 grand, I'd be over that in a heart beat.

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but yeah you are right, i actually do have a dealer nearby me who is very mod friendly. they actually have a racing program there if i'm not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts