NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this place like Larry said is a little dead. So I'll post this story.
This happened a few weeks ago, I've just been to busy to post. I'm drivin around testing out newly painted dash stuff. ;) My wife is with me when we look over and see this pos Buick 88 century or something 4 door of that kind. These guys are actually reving at me and stuff so i just let them go ahead and then blow by them just messin around a couple times. Then we get to a light and they are motioning to me... roll down your window... I'm like uh ok and just take off again, finally they beg for me to roll down my window again so I do. They say " come race his GTX pointing to one of the passengers" I said uh ok .. unsure of the situation right now. There are absolutely no good areas to race where we are, none we are too close to the cop shops and stuff, so I suggest we just hit the highway and do some stuff from 40-60 mph (good for me and my bum 1-2 :eek: ) So anyways we run I hand him a 2 way radio so we can keep in contact whilst we hit the road. So we treck down a hi-way. 1st run from about 60, I rev match and pop into 3rd, i'm sittin in lift,, you all know that sound when you aren't gassing it yet in lift, count down from 3, boom I hear that supercharger start rollin air down that GTX's throat, we are even until the top of third and through 4th and I just take off on him. he governs out at 120 or so (what he told me, so we don't go any furthur) On this night I could do no wrong. Every run (we ran about 5-6 times) was basically the same, with my little 4 banger (he thought I had a v6) comin out on top by 1-2 cars OR more each time.
Now the last run was the most interesting one, I spy 5-0 and yell through the 2 way... stop stop.... well I had to whip in front of someone and slow down, now this guy SPEEDS up to get around me, so of course the cop is all over us, we take and off ramp and head right, go into a parking lot and circle around a building and head back out onto the overpass. The whole time the cop is following us, GTX guy catches a yelllow light, so of course i'm gonna stop with a cop ridin my butt. So GTX guy gets away, now i'm left in a turn lane with the cop, I proceed arcross the overpass of the hi-way to a residential area, I DROVE around for 15 minutes with the cop just folowing me. Finally the cocksucker pulls me over. He says, so why'd you stop so your friend could get away ? I'm like I don't know him, he just says i'm not that dumb. Of course he had nothing on me, obviously just bored. So finally he lets me go after checking my license. WTF was that, why don't you go bust up some drug pushers or something.
Also, gtx guy has my 2 way radio still, hey if you are readin this can I get it back? please?
:)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for those who don't know.......

The car I raced is a Pontiac Gran Prix GTX . It is a step above the Gran Prix GTP which you all have probabaly seen a few hundred times. This guy said it was one of like 6 in Minnesota... (whatever :rolleyes: ) In any case it is a very rare car, it was the first I had seen in a long time
I tried looking for it on Pontiac's website and it isn't there... I don't know if they don't produce it anymore but it looks exactly the same as the current line of Gran Prix's it just has like 40 more horse or something like that. Can someone else shed some light as to why it isn't on there website?

http://www.pontiac.com/grandprix/pricing.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
fun stuff

Sounds like fun man! Still haven't caught any real races in the Saturn....I guess everyboy's just afraid ;)

5-0 around here seriously sucks.....I got a ticket about 2 weeks ago fer parking in Como after hours......Seriously, you'd think cops would have something a little better to do than bust a kid who's enjoying the night instead of doing what every other underaged person was most likely doing that night :stoned :puke

I'm pretty bored on the weekends dude.....drop me a line soon....I can't keep sittin in my dorm on Saturdays talking with a girl who doesn't know jack 'bout cars......it's like talkin to a wall.

my e-mail addy is [email protected]

Hooby

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Re: for those who don't know.......

gts24 said:
The car I raced is a Pontiac Gran Prix GTX . It is a step above the Gran Prix GTP which you all have probabaly seen a few hundred times. This guy said it was one of like 6 in Minnesota... (whatever :rolleyes: ) In any case it is a very rare car, it was the first I had seen in a long time
I tried looking for it on Pontiac's website and it isn't there... I don't know if they don't produce it anymore but it looks exactly the same as the current line of Gran Prix's it just has like 40 more horse or something like that. Can someone else shed some light as to why it isn't on there website?

http://www.pontiac.com/grandprix/pricing.html
hmmm the current gtp has 240hp stock, the gtx has 280??? i havent seen a gtx yet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The GTX has 245.. Not 280.

As for the "Blower rolling the air down it's throat" The blower is an Eaton... It's always rolls it down it's throat.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Gride01 said:
Its NOT offered directly from GM but rather modified by shops basically sanctioned by GM.
Yep. SLP, which I associate mainly with the Camaro SS, does the Grand Prix GTX. Check this link out for more info: http://www.slpeng.com/. I didn't realize they're responsible for the Firehawk, too. They also have a lower version of both the Camaro (RS) and the Firebird (GT).

·
Registered
96 Posts
good to see there are some people from minnesota around here. hey do you guys know of any new 2001's left in the state? just curious. laters.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
amicek said:
good to see there are some people from minnesota around here. hey do you guys know of any new 2001's left in the state? just curious. laters.
Yep, there should be. Down at Rudy LUther's there was a 2001 gt-s 6 speed. Might wanna run down there and check it out. If you can't find one there, ask to have them do a dealer locate.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i will most certianly check it out if i am able - somebody on another thread said when it gets cold and snowy the dealers with old(er) spor(ty) cars get desperate ;) - oh well...

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blk00SS said:
The GTX has 245.. Not 280.

As for the "Blower rolling the air down it's throat" The blower is an Eaton... It's always rolls it down it's throat.
:) :D Thanks for correcting me, yeah yeah I know it's a supercharger,, always on,, but it did make an awesome sound when he started to accelerate.
As for horsepower, I am just repeating the information that this guy gave me regarding his car. He told me it had blah blah over and above the GTP..................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts