NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if you guys already all talked abotu this, but I read in my local newspaper (Wheels section) that the performance division of Pontiac has already released a supercharger for the 1zzfe vibe. Is that right??

The article also goes on to say that it will be at 7.5 PSI, and it will have no effect on the factory warranty. Also, the kit is suppose to put out about 200 hp flywheel i think.

If any matrix or vibe owners have information on this.. please post

·
Registered
445 Posts
its not exactly for sale yet. about 170 whp. the warrenty on the supercharger itself is 3 years dealer installed 1 year d.i.y. its going for somewhere around 3500$ installed

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
satur9 said:
its not exactly for sale yet. about 170 whp. the warrenty on the supercharger itself is 3 years dealer installed 1 year d.i.y. its going for somewhere around 3500$ installed
If it's 170whp,

That's not really more than a 2ZZ-GE. The powerband will be much usable for daily driving, but as far as acceleration wise, it won't be that much faster than a 2ZZ-GE.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You should be able to destroy any stock 2zz or even a 2zz with I/E. 170whp vs 180 Fly Hp?????? Thats like 170whp vs 160whp.
Not to mention the 1zz's power curve will be much stronger. The 1zz wont have to wait for lift. :)
$3500 is a bit much I think. I would pay $2500, but would rather get a Turbo for $3500.

·
Registered
445 Posts
it should also have well over 30 ftlb more torque than a 2zz. the one for the celica gt should be in developement.(no, the matrix or vibe one will not work on a celica)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
If the TRD supercharger ever come out, do you think it will be possible to hook up a FMIC to it. If i remember stright there isn't one that comes with TRD superchargers, so i think we come get at least 20more hp just by added an IC on stock boost. Does this sound right or am i just lossing it......

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
DJ_GLITCH_OS said:
You should be able to destroy any stock 2zz or even a 2zz with I/E. 170whp vs 180 Fly Hp?????? Thats like 170whp vs 160whp.
Not to mention the 1zz's power curve will be much stronger. The 1zz wont have to wait for lift. :)
$3500 is a bit much I think. I would pay $2500, but would rather get a Turbo for $3500.
Back in the day, with intake and exhaust, my GT-S was pushing 172 hp to the wheels. When drag racing, low end grunt doesn't make too much difference, except during first gear. Every other gear will be spent in the upper rpms anyway. In addition, the extra low-end torque and hp in the supercharged FWD car may cause more traction problems in first gear than an n/a 2zz-powered car would experience. In daily driving, however, the extra low-end grunt would be very noticeable.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Lord Banshee said:
If the TRD supercharger ever come out, do you think it will be possible to hook up a FMIC to it. If i remember stright there isn't one that comes with TRD superchargers, so i think we come get at least 20more hp just by added an IC on stock boost. Does this sound right or am i just lossing it......
TRD's superchargers, as well as this Pontiac one for the Vibe, has the supercharger mounted directly to a custom intake manfold, which fits directly onto the engine. Kinda like what Jackson Racing does with its SC's. No way to plumb in a FMIC to it. The Blitz SC, on the other hand, packages the supercharger separately from the intake manifold, allowing them to plumb in an intercooler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts