NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I moved to NH about a month ago and I left my Celica in Cali.

Right now I am trying to find a buyer for the Celica in Cali.. (if anybody wants to grab it, PM me! hehe).. and get a different car here.

I run a graphic design business and one of our first clients was a car dealership here in NH, and I was going through their inventory and found a 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo in near-perfect condition. It had a fresh paint job and about $2000 in maintenance and tune-ups recently.
I am seriously thinking of getting it... what do you guys think?

I researched a little bit on it's ability to be modded and a few people have modded their 944's past 400 rwhp. The most popular mods w/ the 944's are turbo upgrades, intercoolers, built motor, and i think there are cold-air intake systems, too.

· Registered
2,874 Posts
Here's a link right to a 944 Technical Forum. Ask anything you need there, a lot of the guys are very knowledgeable. I work for the company that sponsors the forums (Pelican Parts). If you end up getting a Porsche and need parts, just let me know.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=10

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Vendor
17,998 Posts
Bro - didn't know you moved - gratz on the new business up there.

Anyways to answer your question even if they are affordable to purchase Porsches are VERY expensive to own. Even if you do all work yourself the parts alone cost a small fortune (By way of example a set of 6 plug wires for a Porsche can cost between 200-500 dollars). Plus forget about modifying it - Porsche performance parts are rediculously expensive.

Just my 2 cents - but unless you new business is doing VERY VERY VERY well I'd probably stay with something more practical.

· Registered
2,874 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
(By way of example a set of 6 plug wires for a Porsche can cost between 200-500 dollars). Plus forget about modifying it - Porsche performance parts are rediculously expensive.
That price is very very wrong. Clewett Engineering developed a set that's quite good and very reasonable. Here's a link to the 911 (6 cyl) wires...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/911M/POR_911M_igniti_pg2.htm#item7

For a 944, here's the prices for wires...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/944M/POR_944M_igniti_pg1.htm

I'm always up for hooking up someone from the board...just PM me

· Vendor
17,998 Posts
Lormax said:
That price is very very wrong.
No its not - I was talking OEM plug wires - no idea what the aftermarket has or how good it is.

I worked next to a place called Autosports south for quite a while - all they did was racing porsches and high end tuning for rich guys down in South Florida and I saw the bills they cranked out - NOTHING on those cars was cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.