NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i was looking at this forum about camcon and how to wire it up and everything, and i came across the ECU pin out http://users.ameritech.net/trdcelica/Celica_ECM_Pinout.xls and i was wondering if you disconnected the wire for fuel cut, what would happen? if your car would go whacko, if your fuel cut would be non existant, which you would have to watch your reving, if check engine light would come on, what would happen?

·
Registered
273 Posts
wouldn't the CEL come on?? That's what i would think...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, me too

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anybody? input on what this might do?

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
on a stock GTS this wouldnt benefit much anyways.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
on a stock GTS this wouldnt benefit much anyways.
on stock auto it would, it only revs to 7800....those extra 600-700 rpms might help it quicken up a smidge
or on the 02 gt-s that is also set at 7800, it might help them aswell......i know that reving beyond 8500 is bad for valves and everything

·
Registered
288 Posts
I dont think the extra 600-700 rpm would land autos in lift anyway(on the shift).....which Im assuming is the goal here?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
You'd need to rev over 9000 to come close to landing lift in an auto. You'd need new valve springs easily if you wanted to go that high.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vtroid5 said:
I dont think the extra 600-700 rpm would land autos in lift anyway(on the shift).....which Im assuming is the goal here?
no we dont expect to land in lift......but the closer we get to it, the faster we may be.....someone just answer the question, would unplugging this wire be a bad idea? or is it worth a shot?

my theory is we end first gear at 45? about......with an extra 500 or so RPMs of lift, we would end first gear at a higher speed, cause it would be longer, so that would land you in second gear at a higher speed, lift begins second gear for me at 60 MPH, so maybe if first ended in the 50 MPH zone, it wouldnt take as long to get back......just my thoughts, makes sense to me

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
The rev limiter on the GT-S is both fuel AND ignition cut, so I don't think this will work even if it doesn't throw a CEL.

However, I thought that rev limits were all controlled by specific signal frequencies, suggesting that it should be possible to use some sort of signal clamp to fool the ECU into thinking you haven't hit 7800 RPM yet.

If so, you just need to have that "rev limit" signal come on at, say, 8400 RPM, and there you go. I gave up pursuing this possibility some time ago, but maybe someone else can pick up the ball...?

·
Registered
288 Posts
InSw1tchedFlame said:
no we dont expect to land in lift......but the closer we get to it, the faster we may be.....someone just answer the question, would unplugging this wire be a bad idea? or is it worth a shot?

my theory is we end first gear at 45? about......with an extra 500 or so RPMs of lift, we would end first gear at a higher speed, cause it would be longer, so that would land you in second gear at a higher speed, lift begins second gear for me at 60 MPH, so maybe if first ended in the 50 MPH zone, it wouldnt take as long to get back......just my thoughts, makes sense to me
sounds good in theory...dont think im willing to experiment though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts