NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
will never ever happen. people did the same exact thing when halogen bulbs came out.

Domestic companies are throwing HID's into the mix now as well.
It would cost far to much to recall every one of them , and companies would stop making money selling them.......

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think they should just have a limit on how bright the HID's can be. Some are alright, but those mercedes hids for example are just obnoxious as hell.

·
Registered
301 Posts
HIDs don't bother me that much, they are at least pointed more at the ground. Trucks and SUVs are so high up even though they aren't HIDs they blind me more then HID cars do. Haven't been in front of an HID suv/truck yet thankfully.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
good, now all the damn wanna be HID ****'s will STFU and STFD and stop saying "oooohhhh, i wanna have hids just like all the big boys do!!"

lamers

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
just don't look at them directly. I don't know, if they are aimed correctly they should not be an issue, however alot of aftermarket ones ten dnot to be. I find that my spoiler in back blocks alot of direct light comign in, which is good.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I remember a while back I was reading on a website (not sure about the credibility) about comparisons that were done between 7000k HIDs and your typical halogen bulbs. They concluded that the HIDs didn't impair the vision of people standing in front of them anymore than regular halogen bulbs. Maybe it is just whenever you are blinded by a car and they have misaligned HIDs you think, "stupid HIDs". Think of how often you are blinded by a car or truck that has halogen lights? You probably just dismiss them as being misaligned in that case. 4000-5000k HIDs are a totally different story though :D

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
there's no way in hell HIDs will be banned.. BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus.. etc.. would have to recall all their headlights..

plus back in the day when Halogen headlights were introduced, people made a fuss about them being too bright.. eventually HID will be the standard.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
hid's wont be banned. it just cant happen.
they keep comming out with new cars with hid's and there are so many on the road to recall all of them and put some yellow bulbs in them(+all the money they will loose).
im getting the brightest ones out in a few weeks and i cant wait.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I can see a ban for SUV's and trucks (some of those truck lights sit right at the eye level of car drivers) but I doubt they will ban Hids on all automobiles.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
HIDs aligned correctly are no more glaring than regular projection beams. Here is a hint to everyone who thinks they are....Don't look at them. BTW there was already a thread on this about 3 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts