NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys do?

We just took a trade in this weekend on a BMW 745. The guy traded in a 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Twin-Turbo. It only has 26000 miles on it and is in really good shape. All stock except he just recently put on Enkei Rims and new tires. Runs really nice and everything seems to work in it. If i bought it i would still be dishing out about 3 grand over what i can get for my Celica. My only concern is that it may not be the best daily driver. I drive 60+ miles a day during the week, almost double that on the weekend. I wouldn't be able to leave it completely stock so that would kill my gas consumption.

What do you guys (& girls) think?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by CeliCar
Curb Weight 3,803 lbs is enought to make me not really want one. I'd rather have a WRX.
But it offers much much more.

Handles decent for its weight and is a beast in a straightline. Not to mention rare.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by MicaCeli
Get a pinto if you want rare.
Rare because it's still running.:chuckles:

Get a CRX:gap:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I love the 745s but I don't know how reliable they would be.. I have come to find it is better to stick with Japanese car makers..

·
Registered
755 Posts
The car in question is the Mitsu, not the BMW

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by F22-Raptor
I love the 745s but I don't know how reliable they would be.. I have come to find it is better to stick with Japanese car makers..
I know quite a few Street Pharmaceutical Entrepeneurs who have 745's with no problems.

Id rather have a 760 IL :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Id rather have a 760 IL :)
760LI...acctually. Beautiful cars. we have one of those on the lot too and i love driving it. So smooth, so luxurious, and so friggin powerful! However...i can't afford it sadly. :(

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by My68Spit
760LI...acctually. Beautiful cars. we have one of those on the lot too and i love driving it. So smooth, so luxurious, and so friggin powerful! However...i can't afford it sadly. :(
125 k right?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Have you driven the 3000GT? It will certainly be a step up, but make sure you like the way it drives first. The Celica feels small, responsive--nimble. I'm not so sure the 3000GT does.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have driven my friend's 94 3000GT before and i drove this one today a few times. I like the handling and i like having more power & a larger car...but i am leaning away from it right now. My Celica is payed off and i don't want to finance something right now. Also...going from 30mpg in the Celica to 15 or whatever in the 3000GT doesn't make sense for me with the amount of driving i do on a regular basis. Besides...my celica has 98000 miles showing on it but the engine only has 15000

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Um what year is your Celica? You are going to have to pay $3000 up to get the VR4 which is going on 13 years old? I would not do that regardless if it is a VR4 or not. I cannot see getting rid of a newer car for an older car and having to pay money on top of that to do it. Man our resale value must suck ass. My GT auto is well 2 years old now with 29,000 miles and I was offered $17,600 for trade in on my car. I didn't pay too much more than that for it so I was a little surprised. I guess the reasale isn't all that great on these cars and I must have just gotten lucky or something.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
DopeCelicaGT said:
Um what year is your Celica? You are going to have to pay $3000 up to get the VR4 which is going on 13 years old? I would not do that regardless if it is a VR4 or not. I cannot see getting rid of a newer car for an older car and having to pay money on top of that to do it. Man our resale value must suck ass. My GT auto is well 2 years old now with 29,000 miles and I was offered $17,600 for trade in on my car. I didn't pay too much more than that for it so I was a little surprised. I guess the reasale isn't all that great on these cars and I must have just gotten lucky or something.
Wow. For that much I would have traded mine in for a new one.

Dealers offered $9500 - $10500 for mine when it had all of 21k miles @ 4yrs and looked like it just came off the boat... at the same time they stickered ones with 20k more miles for 17k.

:wtf:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
Have you driven the 3000GT? It will certainly be a step up, but make sure you like the way it drives first. The Celica feels small, responsive--nimble. I'm not so sure the 3000GT does.
The weight will be instantly noticeable.

Originally posted by DopeCelicaGT

New AP GT's In my area are 18k. U DEF Got lucky.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts