NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Bass I'm curious.

What's your max load on the small cam and also on the big cam? And crucially, what size intake/maf housing diameter are you using?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
gte, to clarify - are you looking for simply the vvt range and what the numbers represent in terms of actual cam angle movement?

I'm confused because I don't see how seeing other vvt maps will help... :confused: because they will all have the same approximate shape to them.

In terms of actual movement, the max advance/retard that actually has an effect on airflow is ~ 10 - 50.

Oddly enough I once read on a tech resource that the vvt range was around 50 degree's, so it may stand to reason that each integer on the pfc/ecu is representative of each degree...? :shrugs: but then again, 50 degrees does sound like a lot so I dunno.

I guess manually, you could open a sprocket and measure the degrees of movement allowed :shrugs: apart from that one resource (I'll have to google for it) i've never seen anybody else write what the actual figures represent.

I miss Jesse. He was cool.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Oh really? ^^^ I thought he was meant to get a 370Z?

Either way, he was an OG of the 7th gen and his contribution to nc.org is priceless - particularly his pfc tuning explanation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.