NewCelica.org Forum banner

Post your Exhaust setup!

11K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  spectra_celica 
#1 ·
Here's a short video of mine. The car is unbelievably slow, it's a GT auto, there's not much you can do..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT00GtUtYN4
I have a Megan stainless steel header, a magniflow high flow cat, a custom made 2.5 inch stainless steel midpipe (with resonator delete), and a Greddy RS axle back. I also have a K&N intake, which looks pretty and adds a throaty sound, but I think actually makes it slower..
All in all, it didn't make the car much quicker, but I'm happy with the sound, it's not nearly as loud and obnoxious as I thought it would be. Certainly not ricey, but enough to make you feel like it's actually a sporty car.

#2 ·
i also have a 1zz. i started with the invidia n1 exhaust. next got the ported header from boosted 2.0. then added a K&N SRI. overall not much faster, but its a GT so i cant expect much. Although, after installing the K&N SRI i definitely felt a little gain from the 4-5.5K RPM range. It wasn't a huge gain but it was definitely enough for me to notice a difference.

#6 ·
Lolz

#8 ·
I have a ported header by boosted 2.0. Stock mid pipe with CAT and Resonator, and Ebay Exhaust.

Sound perfect to me, not loud unless in WOT. Even in WOT, it isn't too bad. Smooth, deep and strong sounding... Not like a fart can. :)

and yes, it's the 135.00 from eBay with titanium tip

Oh, it's on my GTS.

#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.