NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of getting a job with they toyota NYC PDC and toyota gives sweet lease deals to their employee's (any toyota,lexus,scion with insurance and maitainance paid by the company, with 1,2, or 3 year leases) so i was thinking of leasing a gt-s for 1 year. in hopes that a new SUPRA will be released sometime soon. i have a few questions though.

1. i owned a integra type r previously and really enjoyed the car, pretty quick and handled great, now im not saying i want the gt-s to out perform it, i just want performance that is somewhat close, i heard the gt-s handles better than the rsx-s , so id like to know if you think if this car falls into the same general area

2. im not modding this vehicle at all, but i want to be able to keep up with my friends rides, 1.8t gti/spec v/modded civic si/wrx, as i said i dont want to beat them , but i dont want to be blown away.

3. how is the 6 speed in the gt-s i consider myself a good driver and was wondering if the trans is notchy or smooth shifting.

any help at all would be appreciated.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
A gt-s 6 speed should meet your needs nicely.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
i would definitely agree.

The GT-S is as good a driving experience as the ITR. I actally enjoyed the overall feel of the GT-S more than the raw power of the ITR.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
I do believe that the Celica GT-S is as close as you can get to a Type R without buying a Type R. Its almost as fast and faster in some situations and it handles/stops incredlby well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts