NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my wheels back from the powdercoating guy.

he didn't have to strip the clear off because it is a clear powder, which you can put powder on top of. Here's the great part, he did all 4 wheels (the ENTIRE wheel) for a measly $100 dollars....now from what i hear, thats dirt cheap

Im not necessarily happy with the color, but i can have em re-done for another 100 which brings the Grand Total to $200, which essentially will be 4 coats. I think this is the deal of the century....i might have him powder coat some more stuff for me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
yuloose said:
just got my wheels back from the powdercoating guy.

he didn't have to strip the clear off because it is a clear powder, which you can put powder on top of. Here's the great part, he did all 4 wheels (the ENTIRE wheel) for a measly $100 dollars....now from what i hear, thats dirt cheap

Im not necessarily happy with the color, but i can have em re-done for another 100 which brings the Grand Total to $200, which essentially will be 4 coats. I think this is the deal of the century....i might have him powder coat some more stuff for me.
where in the bay area is this? i have a friend who wants to powdercoat his rims

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
hell yeah thats dirt cheap. share the wealth man. i wouldnt mind powder coatin g my stock rims. im too broke to afford new ones..lol

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by twistedGTS
:worthless
werd...i was sitting here waiting for pics to load and realized there wern't any.

that is an awesome deal though! wish i knew someone around here to do it for that price.

Originally posted by lowendfrequency
I didn't think you could powdercoat a wheel without stripping it of the stock paint and clear first :confused:
i think he is saying that the stock was powdercoated not painted so they didn't have to strip it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts