NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 Toyota Celica GTS but the power door lock doesn't work when I use the switch on the center console and on my Viper key fob. The fuse is good and the hatch in the rear locks and unlocks fine. I can manually lock and unlock the door using the key or from the inside.

A lot of people have told me to replace the door lock actuator but I'm really hoping that it's something electrical or something to do with the Viper alarm. But I don't know how to check it myself. Could it be anything other than the door lock actuator?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,263 Posts
It certainly can be. An actuator would likely only affect one door. It could be alarm related, the Body ECU, wiring, etc. Check the multi-fuses.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,867 Posts
You don't need to replace the entire actuator assembly, you can just buy the actuator motor (less than $20. each online) and remove the actuator assembly to change it out. I did this twice.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It’s probably the BCM body control module. This is exactly what happened to me: couldn’t lock with center console switch, couldn’t flip high beams switch on (would still work if I pulled temporarily), gas level stopped working. It was very weird but the USED BCM for $20 fixed it all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts