NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 attempts at someone breaking into my car in the last week, I have decided to basically lock off the one area the most money is sitting in, the trunk. I have a plan to basically bolt up the seats so they cannot be folded down w/o opening the hatch, Now all I need to do is cut-off the power to the rear lock to prevent anyone who gets in from unlocking it. My plan is to place a simple two position switch in the lead from the control unit to the power lock in the hatch. would this work to prevent it from working w/o preventing an error in the rest of the system?

Also I assume I would have to ground this to the chassis for when it is in the off position, correct?

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
all you need to do is remove the handles on the back seats, so they can't be pulled up to release them to fold, and cut the wire to the power lock. you can still open the rear with a key. i don't think that could possibly hurt the rest of the system or require anything grounded or whatever you're talking about. as for a switch i donno. i'd cut it at the hatch in side there, that way you can only get to it by already having the hatch open, and if they get there then they're already in your trunk.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
tell me about it, I know from experience.....twice in one year....front window.....bottom line is if someone wants your sh1t bad enough, they'll get it. But anything to make it harder or more painful to them :evil:

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
with the pulls on the rear seats, even if you take the plastic off, i'm pretty sure the metal rod sticks up enough for someone to grab it with pliers or something of that sort.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you cut the wire to the hatch lock, will this effect the alarm in anyway or will it just overlook that?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
it won't have any affect. don't cut the wire, unhook the cable that physically pulls the lock. that's totally reversible too. it just hooks onto the lock.

actually now that i think about it, that may be a problem. i'm not really sure. i'm thinking in terms of how the car doors work. the back lock may be different. if there is a electric motor that pulls a wire like the doors do, then your best bet is to unhook it from the lock.

but there are no manual lock switches inside the hatck like in the doors so i'm not sure how that hooks up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.