NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i purchased my celica. 2003, auto (:mad:), and GT. It's fine, I've had enough speeding tickets. The previous owner took really bad care of the car. it's really evident. Since I've tooken over the ownership of this car, i'm slowly restoring it :). I bought a HKS hi-power axle back, injen cai, new HP lightning 18" rims. a few other goodies here and there such as making the sidemarkers into blinkers from a DIY here. I have halo lights coming in on Thursday, also. I'm just trying to make it into a clean car, going to stay away from the racer scene.
However, the one thing that bothers me the most in this car.. The power locks do not work. When I unlock/lock it, I hear it click around the fuse box under the radio and the truck locks/unlocks. however, neither the pass/driver doors do anything. occasionally when I lock the doors manually, the truck locks/unlocks at the same time. the other door does nothing. the stealership i bought it from said that they would not replace it because it is not a safety issue... I have no problems replacing them by myself.. But, I was wondering if it could possibly be something else? Maybe a fuse or a relay of that sort?

Thanks in advance :p. I'm really not to sure about this part. There's my intro/question haha.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
Many possibilities. But, it doesn't sound much like a bad fuse. Otherwise, the trunk wouldn't work sometimes. More likely there is/was an aftermarket alarm that's hosed up, broken wires in the door jambs, or bad lock solenoids.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any way to determine which one of those are it? the car came with a remote but it never worked so I threw it out. How can I tell if an alarm was installed? and any way to reverse it? I'm getting an alarm in next week, anyways.. just curious.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.