NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm trying to install power locks on my Celica (don't ask me why I didn't get it equiped in the first place) and I've manged to get the mechanisms mounted in the door and all but I can seem to figure out how to run the wires from the door to a constant 12v source. The locks come with clips to where they can hook right up to the battery but I can't find how to get them from the door to the car itself. I saw there is a rubber tube leading from the door to the frame but I can't find how to access it from inside the car. If I can figure that out then I think I know how to run them to the battery. If anyone else has an easier solution (other than having them installed by a professional...which there seem to be none around here who will do it) I would be very grateful.

Thanks! :headbang:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello again!

Well, I figured out how to access the rubber tube that connects from the door to the car. Underneath the dash, driver side, next to the dead pedal or your clutch, there is a styrofome piece that is covering a hole. You can simply remove this piece of styromfome and voila! You can now feed new cables up to the rubber tube. From there it is a big pain in the ass but can be done. Anyway, hope some one can find this useful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
the easiest way I found was to take a coat hanger, bend the end of it into a tight hook so it isn't sharp, then feed it through the hose through the door into the car. This was easy for me since I have aftermarket speakers and can easily remove them to give me more room. I removed the speaker, used my hand as a guide to push the hanger into the hose, then guided it through the hose until it was inside the car. I reached up under the dash until I was able to touch the hanger, then tied a wire to it, and pulled it through. By doing this, you can then pull several wires thorugh by taping them to the one you just pulled through, as long as you have enough wire to do that. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I managed to get all the wiring completed. I think the hanger would have been easier but I did it by simply feeding wire with a thick shielding through and tied it around the cables that had to go through. It was a pain in the ass but it's completed. Now the problem I'm running into is since my locks are cable locks, I'm not sure how I can mount the power locks onto the cables. I thought about cutting a section of the shielding around the wire lock off and then clamping it on that way but I'm not sure if that's effecient. Any other advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for any help or advise offered!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts