NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did anyone had trouble placing the header bracket back on the GTS PPE header?

The bracket on the ppe is off a bit, I can't place a bolt in there.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump..

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ ic.. So you didn't put the bracket back. You just had the header attached to the head and the flex pipe etc....

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Yep...from what i remember when i had a look a month ago, i think that's exactly how it is on my car. Probably far from ideal and I'm sure the majority of others here would have the bracked in use, but this is just my story :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
On my 1zz the bolt wouldn't line up either. I ended up taking the bracked off the block and just using one bolt on it, and then one into the header. There's no way I was getting a bolt into that when the bracket was fully attached to the block

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, cool. Just wanted to make sure. Guess mine is not fitted also. I hope the header is strong enough for stress issues.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I had the same issue...its off a bit so i couldnt fit a bolt in there...and i think the reason is because i mounted and tightened all the header bolts to the block first before doing the bracket. I should have just lined the header on, hand tighten all the bolts, then put the bolts on the bracket and then tighten all bolts so it would have room to play to allign it on before everythings tight...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nvmd... lol It actually fit, I turned and looked with the light and Whalla!... :monkey: I was working on the car till 6 am earlier today. I must have been really tired haha

PPE is in, Hotchkis sways and C-one Coilovers.... Time for tunning!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts